- C H A P T E R * * T H I R T Y S I X -

Start from the beginning

My boyfriend washes my back and while he does so, he keeps kissing my shoulder. Isaiah is very different as a boyfriend. No wonder a lot of girls would like to be with him, considering how sweet, gentle, and kind he can be if someone ever gets to know him. And I'm lucky that I've become his boyfriend.

A lot of girls, if they know that I'm in a relationship with the one and only Isaiah Nate Parlin, would be jealous of me. Of course, why wouldn't they be? I'm dating one of the hottest guys in school, and from what I've heard from the cheerleading team, Isaiah is considered as a walking God due to his looks and having been won several games. A lot of people respect him because he's just that type of person you have to respect because he's kind and amazing.

I remember meeting him the first time. Dylan just invited me for a Saturday adventure, and I couldn't say no to that because I really love travelling. We were having dinner or lunch, I can't remember, but I told my mom that I was going with Dylan and Isaiah was pissed at that information, telling everyone that Dylan was an asshole. We argued by the table, and mom and Bill were just watching us. I can tell Isaiah was really annoyed on that day. He came to my room the same day, and apologized for being such an asshole. I remember introducing myself the way Filipinos like to introduce themselves – pretending to be in a pageant: name first, the age, and where you come from.

That night, he gave me his first smile.

Looking back at those moments prior to the day when something happened between us back in that weekend adventure with Dylan, I find Isaiah cute and adorable. Now, I'm beginning to think on those moments where he was pissed at me for being around Dylan, was he jealous? It's hard to say he's not jealous when he's my boyfriend now, and sometimes, my mind works in a different way.

"What are you thinking?" he asks me, lathering my hair with shampoo.

"Just you," I reply, looking at him over my shoulder.

"What about me?" Isaiah leans down and plants another kiss on my shoulder.

"Just you in general," I smiling, turning around to face him. Even though we're naked (and I don't know where I've gotten this confidence to be around with someone who is on his birthday suit as well), I feel so comfortable with him, like there's nothing I should hide. "I just remember the times we were arguing because of Dylan, and looking back at it now, it sounds like you were jealous. That could just be my imagination, though."

"Hmm," Isaiah hums, trailing his fingers across my back, sending shivers down my spine. He plants a kiss on my forehead, making me flustered. "Maybe I was. I really don't know. But the first time I actually saw you was when you were Dylan, and you were trying out for volleyball. You guys were talking as if you knew each other, and it ticked me off because he got to know you first because I knew I was the one who, you know, was supposed to get to know you in the first place. Because you were my step-brother. And I guess I just used that step-brother card to convince myself that it was... just that, brotherly feelings and nothing more."

"But here we are," I chortle.

"Yeah, here we are," Isaiah chuckles. He plays with my hair, twirling it with his index finger. The water remains warm, and there are bubbles everywhere. I really like this setup. "I really, really, really love you, Chad. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I never thought you'd have a big impact in my life, and imagining myself without you, God, I can't even describe it, let alone think of it."

"Funny, I thought the same thing,"

"Yeah?"

"Yes," I rest my chin on his chest, looking at him. He leans down and plants a gentle kiss on my lips before making a cute face. I laugh. "And I just want you to know that I love you, too. Mahal kita. I love you."