Enrique swallowed audibly, much to Jacob’s amusement before he took a few steps back to converse silently with Luke. I jabbed Jacob in his ribs when he stared at Enrique’s back, smirking wickedly before he turned to me with a questioning look in his eyes.

“Stop challenging him! We’re still on his land, and future Alpha pair or not, we are trespassers. “ I yanked at his ear when he huffed, making Jacob growl before he stepped forwards, forcing me to lean back towards the ground. I stared back at Jacob, not breaking eye contact.

“Are we really going to have a dominance fight right now?” He asked amused, his eyes shining with mischief while he took another step forwards, obtaining a small growl from my throat when I stood my ground. My clothes protested lightly when I stood on the verge of shifting.

“You can always surrender.” I answered smugly. When Jacob took another step forwards, I shifted, ripping the clothes to shreds while I stood on my wolf paws. Luckily, I had remembered that there was another pack watching us, or I might have shifted into a different form.

Jacob walked closer to me before he smiled softly. “Let’s agree to do this in private. I’d rather not fight you while a possibly hostile pack is waiting for the outcome.” I yawned lightly before I smiled too. “Fine!” I exclaimed, acting like it was the toughest decision of the day. Jacob barked a laugh before he shook his head, looking away in the process.

“Yay! I won, I won!” I yipped, dancing around Jacob while his face fell when he realized that he had indeed looked away first; normally, we would have both looked away at the same time.

“Ahum.” We looked up when someone cleared his throat in an amused way and noticed that Enrique was looking at us, his eyes dancing with amusement while he glanced between Jacob and me.

“Sorry for interrupting, but I’ve come to an agreement with your Alpha.” He smiled while he waved at the rest of his pack members, who stood down from their threatening pose and relaxed, wagging their tails slightly. “Luke has convinced me that what you’ve told me is the truth. But your father has requested me to escort you towards the right direction.” Enrique finished with an amused smile while Nick and Tyler snorted before pointedly looking away from Jacob.

An older woman came out of the forest and smiled at us. “We best leave now; there’s a storm brewing and I think you guys want to set up camp before it hits.” Both her and Enrique walked back in the forest before their pack surrounded us. After the grey would walk out of the forest, we ran of, this time in the right direction.

---Fawna’s POV---

I sighed while looking out of the window. Where has my life come to? My fingers brushed over the all to familiar wood of the beautiful gazebo. Roses were cut out in the wood, winding around the banisters while they seemingly climbed up. My hand traced over the delicate petals before I sat down in front of the wall-high windows, pondering over what had happened.

When Lucius had brought me here, I was stunned that he had marked me as his. Not only that, he had forced a vampires life on me! My first thought was of my family; would they search for me? Would they think that I never escaped that forest fire?