Chapter 15

---Lucius’ POV---

I smiled, satisfied with myself as I looked down at our prisoners. Paige had surprised me by shifting into a legendary Phoenix but the only thing she succeeded in doing was making her even more appealing in my eyes. And now that I had her in the palm of my hands, I wasn’t going to give her up any time soon. Neither her nor her parents.

“The wolves are just an added bonus,” I thought, letting my eyes scan the Drained as they all injected the sedative in their bloodstream. “Make sure the soulshifters get a heavy dose. Don’t want them to run amuck and set the whole place on fire.” I commanded whilst never taking my eyes of my prize as I crouched down to her level.

Picking her up with little effort, I was greeted by a loud heartbeat, soon followed by several softer and rapidly beating pulses. A wide grin slid over my face as I stared intently at Paige’s abdomen, where the other heartbeats were coming from.

“This just may be my lucky day.” I mused to myself before snapping my head up when one of my generals came over with a syringe filled with sedative. “Lower the dose on this one.” When he looked up with confusion, I bared my teeth and hissed, “I said, lower the dose. This one is pregnant and none of these pups will be harmed if I can help it.”

“Sir?”

I rolled my eyes and jolted Paige up so I had her in one arm, stooping down to grab the bag closest to her. “Use whatever is filling the vacant spot in your head and think Jess; if she is a mixed Soulshifter and she’s pregnant, wouldn’t her offspring be part soulshifter?” I drawled sarcastically, glaring at the general, who seemed rather flustered and shook his head before excusing himself for his stupidity.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I was in desperate need of servants, I would have let the Drained play with him. A wicked smirk slipped on my lips as I pondered about it. “Ah, why not?” I thought to myself while sending a telepathic message to the Drained, whom instantly snapped their heads up to the general.

He noticed their hungry gaze on him and slowly, almost dreadfully looked up, letting out a fear-filled cry before he darted for the exit. He never made it though; I would have been extremely surprised if he did.

Snorting, I stepped around the pile of flailing limbs and hissing Drained as they fed themselves on the doomed general. What a waste of time… looking out of the cave, I calculated the distance back home before I sighed and turned around.

“Grab a prisoner and get a move on. I want all the mates separated from each other but unharmed. As soon as we get to my house, every single one of them gets their one cell several feet away from their mates. I don’t want a single hair on their heads harmed, you hear me?”

All the Drained grumbled under their breaths at the order, several of them having difficulties with tearing their eyes away from the prisoners’ pulses long enough to look at me and nod. My eyes landed on the limp fox form and a malicious smile slipped on my face when I noticed the wolf lying next to her.

“Keep them in the same room. This will be interesting.” I smirked when a plan unfurled in my head, slowly taking shape as I discovered how I could tame little Peyton. The others nodded once again before I jolted Paige in my arms, binding her hands and feet in a blur of movements before I laid her over my shoulder, taking caution that I didn’t jolt her too much.