Chapter 21

---Jacob's POV---

It was strange to come into the packhouse and realise that the threat was over. The search for Paige's parents was completed and though it didn't go quite as planned, we managed to pull through.

First thing I did when Paige was safely tucked away in bed, sleeping away the stress of the past weeks, was informing my father of my plan. Saying that he was surprised was an understatement but he understood where I was coming from.

I was too headstrong and fired up to lead the pack head on; my decisions could bring more harm than good but in combination with Paige's calm and soothing nature, we'd make a great Alpha pair.

Some wolves of the older generation might grumble about traditions but it was for the best of the pack. The ghost of a smile slipped on my lips while I leaned against the doorway, watching my mate still in her feline form while she moved underneath the sheets so only the tip of her nose and ears was visible.

"Names..." I murmured to myself, shaking my head slightly before closing the door to our room without a noise. Paige made a good point at that, since we didn't know when to expect the pups.

As I walked downstairs, I nearly collided with Daniel, who was having an enthusiastic conversation with Page's father, waving his hands as he explained something of their newly formed Order.

"Hold up a moment...what kind of Order are we talking about here?" I interrupted, slightly cursing myself when their attention was fixed on me. See what I meant with acting first and thinking later?

"It was Paige's idea really."

Michael looked at him weirdly, resulting in an explanation from Daniel as he said, "Well, when we came here to ask her help in gaining our wolves back, she came up with a proposition. She would grant those who were worthy their wolf but the others would have to prove themselves. In the mean time, they can keep the rest of the world save by hunting down supernaturals that have gone berserk or threaten to reveal us."

Hmm, that didn't sound a bad plan at all, I mean we didn't have to worry about random kidnappings from the hunters, nor did we had to stress as much over rogues and such. Michael nodded, an exited gleam in his eye as he rubbed thoughtfully over his jaw, his nails rasping over a beginning stubble.

"Uniting all supernaturals under one banner...it could work but there'll be opposition." Paige's father remarked after a short minute of silence, pacing through the room. I nodded, feeling my wolf push a thought to the forefront of my mind and I decided to share it with the others.

"There will always be some nay-sayers, we can't make everyone happy in life. So what if some of the Hunters don't want anything to do with, what are they going to do? Overthrow the others? Try to kidnap my mate again?" I said heatedly before pulling hissing in a breath, trying to calm myself down as my wolf rose to the surface, eager to check back on Paige.

She's safe,asleep and recovering from Lucifer and his gang. We need to stay calm; the sooner we handle this, the sooner we can get back to Paige.

He grumbled a bit but settled down soon after, leaving me in control of my body again. I sighed and apologised to them before going back to my room. I could sense the fatigue suddenly rushing over me, making me stagger slightly on the stairs before I rightened myself and walked to the door.

I laughed breathlessly as I opened the door of our room and shook my head. Paige was dangling half of the bed, still in her feline form, upside down and paws stretched wide open, as if anticipating her fall.

My feet quickly covered the distance between us before I sat down and gently scooped her up, holding her against my chest as I dropped down on the bed and sighed. The grey fur in front of my face rose slightly and I peeked down, smiling as I saw her yawn and flash her sharp teeth at me.