Chapter 4

---Paige’s POV---

I frowned slightly, staring back at the smirking Alpha. Enrique was looking smugly, as if he thought we were lying about something. “That’s normally pack business and is not of any other Alpha’s business, unless it harms other packs.” The smug smile fell from Enrique’s face before he scowled slightly.

“Non the less, we are on your territory because we had been traveling in the wrong direction. We’re only passing through in search of my parents, who might be kidnapped by hunters.” I continued when I saw that Enrique was opening his mouth to speak. At the last words, the other wolves growled, which in turn caused Nick and the others to growl defensively as well.

Enrique started pacing, a scowl clear in his face. “And how do I know that you aren’t rogues, lying your way out? I mean, what the hell are those bloodsuckers doing with you?” he snarled, briskly waving his arm towards Sean and the twins, who flashed their fangs in a threatening display.

Rolling his eyes, Nick ripped his pants from his leg before he threw them at me. “Left pocket.” He said, snorting when the other wolves were looking at him. I quickly dug my hand in the pocket, fishing a cellphone out before I dialed Luke’s number and tossed the phone towards a confused Enrique.

“Hello?” Luke’s voice sounded from the other end. Enrique glanced at me, frowning deeply before he brought the phone to his ear.

“Yes, this is Alpha Enrique Hernandez, from the Hernandez-pack around Thunder-bay. Who is this?” he said, keeping his eyes on us all times. I scoffed slightly and lowered myself next to Jacob, twiddling with my thumbs.

A scoff sounded from Luke’s side before he answered, “Technically, you should know whom you call. I’m Alpha Luke Davis of the Davis pack. Now, can I know the reason of this call?”

Enrique seemed shocked when Luke said his name, and he wasn’t the only one. Several of his pack mates shifted back to their human form, shooting glances at us while they looked back and forth from us to their Alpha.

“We have a couple of wolves and leeches here that claim that they belong to your pack. They even state that they are the future Alpha and Luna but that-“ Enrique smirked tauntingly while he shot us a look. I smiled back when Luke growled loudly.

“So it was you who interrupted our report by harassing my pack members? First of all, the vampires traveling with them are valued friends, who have proven their loyalty, so don’t you dare insult me!” Luke snarled, his Alpha-tone bellowing through the phone as if Enrique had put him on speaker.

Nick noticed my amusement and bit on his lip while he laid down. Tyler and Amy followed his example, their attention wavering between themselves and the Alpha’s conversation.

“Secondly, Paige,” I waved casually from my spot on the floor,” And Jacob,” Jacob smiled smugly while he pushed his head in my hands, gazing at Enrique with a challenge hidden in his eyes. “Are indeed our future Alpha and Luna. We’ve sent them out to retrieve Paige’s parents. We have evidence to suspect that they are in grief danger from the Hunters.”