From Magicals to Magical Merpeople

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't have resented you Harry." She says and is confused when he gives her a serious look.

"Sixth year Potions."

Hermione had the decency to flush in embarrassed. "That shouldn't count. It wasn't your work."

"But it was the work of someone that knew potions better than the actual author. Potions is one of the classes where you also have to experiment in Hermione. See what could work as a substitute for an ingredient, what would make it last longer, make it stronger, change its taste, how long it would take. That's something I learned in Defense and in Auror training. You should know this seeing as you're a Healer and close to earning your Mastery in Runes and Warding Mione."

All she could do was turn red and look down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast, they drove until they found a more secluded beach area were they could test out their newly given powers without fear of being discovered.

Andromeda and Teddy would stay at the beach and enjoy the time with one another after Harry and Hermione were ready to swim into deeper waters. Though Hermione did ask Andromeda to keep an eye on them so they could have memories from her point of view before they moved on.

"Alright, so when it happened the first time, it was a few seconds after touching water." Hermione states as she and Harry look out into the water before at one another. Harry offers his hand to her, which she take and make their way into the water. They only made it were the water was to their lower legs when they changed.

"Whoa!"

"Ahh!"

They fell on their stomachs and groaned before looking at one another and chuckled before looking down at their tails, taking in how they looked.

Hermione's tail color is orange color, that of a deep sunset with black and side fins with a pair of shells covering her chest with the same color. Almost like fire. Whereas Harry's was a light and dark blue color with black and a dorsal fin of sorts.

 Whereas Harry's was a light and dark blue color with black and a dorsal fin of sorts

Hermione's tail

Harry's tail.

"Wow, Harry your tail is...amazing."

"Yours is as well Mione. As fiery as you are!" Harry says with a smile.

"Oh ha ha Harry-wait, Harry you can see clearly?"

"What do you mean Mione?"

"Harry you're not wearing your glasses!"

His eyes widen as he feels his face to find out that she was right. He wasn't wearing his glasses and could see perfectly. "Wow, brilliant!"

"Alright, so we now know we change after ten seconds of touching water. We basically lose all our normal clothes and you can see clearly without glasses."

"Mione, do you think we have powers now that we are merpeople?" Harry asks as he turns to his back and sits up, Hermione following suit.

"I don't know. I am curious to see if we can breathe underwater," Hermione admits.

"Well why don't we find out? Andy, we're heading out! If we don't see you here then we'll head home!"

"Alright. Be careful!"

With that, both Harry and Hermione swim a little into deeper water before they were able to float and then dived down into the water.

They could see clearly, no stinging in the eyes from the salt and the water was a nice warm temperature to them. Harry waved Hermione for her attention and then tried to breathe. Imagine his surprise when he found out he could!

He motioned for Hermione to breathe and she does, grinning at him when she can breathe just fine. They tried to speak but found they couldn't. She looks to the deeper water and motions for Harry. He nods and they both start to swim forward, finding it as easy as if they were walking on land.

Smiling they swim alongside one another and then Harry decides to see if he can go faster. The next thing he knows, he's soaring through the water before stopping and looking around and behind him, seeing Hermione was floating in place. He quickly swims back to her and stops right before her with a smile.

For her part, Hermione shakes her head and does the same as him, Harry following right behind.

They soon found themselves far from the mainland and deep in the ocean. Hermione, wanting to see more sea life, pointed in the direction of Mako. Nodding, they set out at high speeds, laughing in their minds when they make it to the reefs.

They swim with the fish and even the sharks in the area, they explore the corals and even blend to their surrounding easily. They swim to the surface and, after making sure there no boats around, breach it and laugh.

"This is amazing Mione!"

"Yes it is! It's so freeing!"

"Hey, why don't we head over to the Moon Pool now and then? Since we can get to it easier." Harry suggests, but before Hermione could answer, they both felt something heading their way. Fast.

They dive and hide behind the corals, being mindful to not give themselves away. Both peeked from the side of their hiding spot and are stunned.

Three figures with orange tails appear from a cloud of bubbles before slowly swimming towards the entrance of the Moon Pool.

Deciding it was time to leave, they turn and swim at high speeds away from Mako, both of them thinking the same thing.

'Those were the girls from the cafe, discussing about the full moon.'

Picture used for Hermione's tail: finfolkproductions

Picture used for Harry's tail: Tumblr