From Magicals to Magical Merpeople

Start from the beginning

"Hermione...what if this happened because of last night? From the Moon Pool?"

"Moon Pool?" Andromeda asks. "Alright, what happened last night after your little voyage to Mako?"

"Hermione and I got there a little before it was completely dark. We walked through the jungle for some time and then we reached this beautiful waterfall. Our magic was letting us know we were close," Harry explains, looking at Hermione as she nods in agreement and motions for him to continue. "We decided to take a break, when I fell down a hole. Turns out, it was an entrance to a cave. It was too steep to climb back out from the same hole I fell in, and before Hermione could lower a rope, I told her the cave was where we needed to be. I walked further in and Hermione soon joined me."

"It was beautiful Andy. We were in the middle of the volcano, looking up at the sky and in the middle of it all was a beautiful pool of the clearest blue water we've ever seen. It was inviting and mesmerizing. So we stepped in and floated around, waiting. For what? We didn't know. But then, the full moon was on top of the opening and the water started to bubble, sparkles floated into the air and all we did was take it all in. It was...peaceful."

Harry nods, a smile on his face as he remembers the feeling. "We stayed there until the moon passed completely over the dome and the water returned to normal. We decided to swim our way out rather then go through the jungle again and headed back here."

"So this cavern this...Moon Pool, is the cause for your sudden new tails?" Andromeda asks while pacing.

"We believe so. The Moon Pool and the full moon combined."

"It looks like your lives have gotten more interesting children."

Harry and Hermione both groan at the fact she was right. They now had something that will more than likely set them apart from anyone else.

"I guess we have to see what we are capable of doing now?" Harry asks as he gets up.

"How are you not worried about this Harry?" Andromeda asks as she looks at him as if he had grown two heads.

"Who says I'm not Andy? But at the same time, I know we will make it through this. Hermione and I both will have each other, with you and Teddy. We...we aren't as alone as we let ourselves believe we are and, knowing Hermione, a lot of research will be coming our way to find out how this came to happen. Though my answer is simple and probably the only explanation; Magic."

"Yes, but Harry there has to be more than just 'Magic' as the explanation."

"Well how about this? Mako Island and The Moon Pool were created when a lunar rock impacted Earth. Lunar rock could also be known as a form of asteroid or meteor, right?" Harry asks as he crosses his arms, looking at Hermione before continuing. "Going by what we know, the moon and other such astral bodies have big meaning for us. So, is it a far off theory that the island and moon both made from a meteor with something more?"

Harry finishes and waits for their input. Imagine his confusion when both Andromeda and Hermione were looking at him as if he were someone else. "What?"

"When did you get so smart Harry?"

"I believe it has something to do with having you for a best friend since First year and the Auror training. Mostly you though." He admits with a small blush, Hermione blushing as well.

"But, you never took your studies seriously."

"Because Ron was always pushing for me to have more fun than study, along with the fact that I was always in danger every year and if I did better, I feared you would have resented me." He admits to her in an honest and serious tone.