Reuniting - Lando Norris

Max in P1 and Lando starting from P4! I am so excited for the race tomorrow!! I hope Max wins and a podium for Lando would be cool as well!

You were impatiently waiting at the airport. For the first time since corona came around, which was about six months ago, you would be able to hug your boyfriend again. With Lando living in the UK and you living in the Netherlands, you couldn't travel to see each other. You had dealt with long-distance for a long time, but it was never more than a month. But COVID-19 happened, and you weren't able to travel, so you were forced to stay home. You FaceTimed every day for as long as you could, but it wasn't the same. At first, you were fine with it. It was okay, and you both handled things okay. But you were forced to stay home longer, and it got more challenging. You wanted to be with him and person. Today, after six months, you were finally able to hug him again. He managed to get to the Netherlands, and you had never been so happy.

You were looking at your phone for the 100th time to see if Lando had texted you already. He would text you as soon as he landed. You finally got the text, he had landed. Your smile got wider, and you were hopping from one leg on the other; you just couldn't wait to see him. For your feeling, time went by so slow. When the doors finally opened, and the first people walked out, your smile got so big that your cheeks were hurting. Then you saw the familiar brown-haired boy making his way towards you. You tried to stay as calm as possible, to not attack that much attention towards the two of you. Because Lando was wearing a mask, you would almost not recognize him.

Lando stopped in front of you and pulled off his mask. 'Hi,' he said with a big smile.

'Hey,' you said and laughed before wrapping your arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to him.

You smelled his familiar cologne that you missed so much. His hair has grown back so fast, and little curls started to come again.

'I missed you,' you mumbled.

'I missed you too,' Lando said and pulled back from the hug.

You kissed him and felt him smiling against your lips.

'I definitely missed this too.'

You laughed. 'Let's just home.'

Lando grabbed your hand, and the two of you walked out of the airport. It was already dark outside, so it took you a while to find your car. Once you finally found it, you drove to your apartment. You and Lando talked about his flight and what he has done today.

Once you arrived home, you were pretty tired. Last night, you couldn't sleep very well because you were so excited to see Lando again. It was already getting late, so you longed for your bed.

Lando put his stuff in the bedroom, and you let yourself fall down on your bed.

'Are you tired?' Lando asked.

'Just a little. I couldn't sleep last night because I was too excited.'

Lando lets himself fall next to you on the bed. 'Good, cause me too. I'm knackered.'

You turned your head to the side and looked at Lando. 'This is so much better than pretending your next to me,' you said. Most of the time, your phone would lay next to you, and if you would both go to bed at the same you, you would pretend that Lando was laying next to you and not the phone.

'I know. COVID sucks.'

'Big time. But you're here now, and we're going to make the most of it,' you smiled and kissed him again. You could never get enough of this guy.