PT.3 C H A P T E R FIVE

Start from the beginning

Part of me knew why I didn't feel so bad. Part of me had a feeling Robyn wasn't out there just playing 'humanitarian' with Hassan. It was merely a gut feeling, a hunch, but it was enough to keep me from losing my mind over what I just did.. three times.

"I need to take a shower.. listen, eight thirty." I looked up as saweetie carried my jacket over before sliding it on me. "Don't miss the bus." She mumbled and I nodded, smiling again when she rounded in front of me and fixed the collar.

"I won't." I said and pushed her back playfully. "Surprised you're walking.. didn't sound like you'd be able to."

She flipped me off while climbing back into the bed. "I was walking on my tippy toes." She mumbled and looked up at me through her eyelashes. "See you tonight?"

I nodded. "Yeah.. eight thirty." I said before grabbing my phone and starting out of the room. I stood outside of the door for a moment and exhaled heavily. Well.. twenty twenty huh?

Just as I stepped out from the door, I heard footsteps to my left and looked over to see Melissa walking with her head down. Oh no. I quickly turned and tried to push the door open, forgetting I needed a key.

"Shit," I hissed as I looked up to see her drawing closer. "Di," I whispered and knocked softly. "Di open the door." That's when I heard the sound of the shower. Goddamn it.

I quickly fixed myself up, making sure I looked.. non cheaterish. "Y/n?" I popped my head up and looked over as Mel eventually became only a few steps away. "What are you doing? I've been looking and calling for you all night."

"Uh.." I faked a dopey smile and shrugged. "I got lost." She sighed and grabbed my arm, pulling me a few doors down to the 'right' room. "Is she in there?" I questioned, her head silently shook. "Where is she?"

"I don't know." She opened the door and pushed me in. "She called Lewis and took off. She's not answering my calls either." I wonder where she took off to.. or to whom.

I dropped onto the bed and laid on my back, my eyes on the ceiling. I took the time (and silence) to evacuate my thoughts fully. I felt guilty but I didn't regret it. That was clear.

I'm not gonna lie but.. maybe old me had it good. I didn't care as much, I only worried about winning the next game.. finding the next girl.. acing the next test. I didn't worry about rather or not I was being cheated on, I didn't worry about pleasing anyone or ending friendships because of what another person thought.

I was happy then. I wasn't happy now.. well, I take that back. My kids made me extremely happy, giving them a good life made me even more happy but all this 'trust me trust me' stuff wasn't it.

Did I waste three years of my life on someone who would never change? Or am I looking in the mirror?

"What you thinkin' about, baby daddy?" I glanced up and saw Mel walk in before sitting on the edge of the bed while lightly slapping my leg. "You look sobered up."

"Yeah?" I kept my eyes on the ceiling, knowing if I looked at her for too long she'd be able to read the hell out of me. "Just tired, I guess." I stretched my arms above my head and glanced down to see her looking at her fingers as she spun her rings. "Has she changed to you?"

She looked up. "To be honest? Yeah.." So it wasn't just to me? "I'm not sure what the hell happened but I remember her going for a check up at the doctor.."

Wait what? I quickly sat up and gave her a confused look as she sighed and looked away. "What check up?" I questioned and she shook her head lightly. "Melissa.. what check up?"

"I don't know. I asked her and she said it was just a normal routine check up but that's when she started acting weird. I didn't put two and two together until a few days ago." I nodded slowly and looked away with a frown.