Chapter Fifteen

Celine and Olisa had agreed to meet at the restaurant in her hotel especially after Celine just discovered he, Olisa, also knew who Damian was. It was a long shot, but she was bent in finding out more information from him.

"I didn't know you knew Damian," Olisa said as he tried slicing his chunk of beef and fixing it into his mouth with his fork.

"We have worked together and he hosted his wedding here, at our hotel."

"Wow! I missed a huge part of his life. We were just kids when I left and I just got news from my father that his father died recently. They were friends."

"How was it like growing up as friends? Did you visit him regularly?" Celine asked.

Olisa stopped chewing briefly and looked at her. "I'm starting to think the whole lunch thing was only about Damian to you."

"I'm just surprised we both know the same person. It's such a small world."

"Well, if you must know, my father stopped me from visiting their place because there were a lot things happening in that house... Bad things I couldn't comprehend. Their sister went missing, their mother had lots of miscarriages and rumours had it that Stephen was a cult member," Olisa said.

"I'm sorry, did you say their sister went missing?"

"Ma'am!" Lilian called out running towards their table. "There is something you need to see. A dead body was found in one of our rooms."

"What room?" Celine asked, worried.
"Room 222."

*****

Duncan and Daniel rode back home in their small Peugeot car. They hadn't said much on their way home especially after realizing the truth, the hard truth. A cough at the backseat informed that Regina followed them home. She was scared of revealing at first, but Duncan knew she wasn't fine and knew she needed to be checked and properly cared for. It took much convincing for Daniel to finally accept her over. The only problem remained Damian.

Helping her shrinking self into the house, Duncan spoke up to Daniel, "You really need to tell Damian what happened or I will."

"Tell Damian what?" Damian asked. Duncan slowly dropped Regina on a seat in the living room, "What is she doing here?"

"She's dying Damian! Your mother is dying! Something is wrong with her and I'm going to do my best to make sure she's OK," Duncan replied.

Damian said nothing as he looked briefly at Regina and then back to Duncan, "what are they telling me? Because it feels there are a lot of secrets everywhere and everyone is trying to hide something from me."

"I wanted to tell you-" Duncan started.

"-that Celine is our sister," Daniel completed staring at Duncan.

"What?!" Damian paused. His black pupils burnt through his eyes as he shot them in shock. "Can someone tell me why anyone would think Celine is our sister?" Damian asked.

"We found a note she had written. At least we know that she's Diane. No wonder she wanted to come so close to us," Daniel replied.

"No! Diane went missing years before I was born," Damian maintained.

"Then why did father write a letter to her and Nanny Margaret? He knows they're alive." Laura descended the stairs slowly as she had apparently awoken from a short nap which was as a result of the constant murmurs she could hear in her dream.

Her stomach protruded even more revealing her baby bump and the spherical ball shape it formed. Her dresses became slightly shorter and her skin ravished in a perfect glow. A small kiss was sent from Damian to her narrowed forehead.