Chapter Four

"Damian Richards, we meet again," Celine spoke up sipping a glass of red wine when she sighted Damian approaching her end of the table.

"When I said to pick a restaurant, I didn't expect you to pick your hotel." His voice was coherent and flawless just like every other part of him as he took the last button of his jacket off and slowly descended on his own end of the seat.

"Well... What can I say? We have a very great view here. Why go to a different place? The last time we met, you abruptly turned down my offer. Why now?" Celine asked picking up a menu list and waving her fingers in the air causing a waiter to rush to her service. "Jollof rice with chicken. You know how I like my moi-moi right? Hot and spicy and then small small orisirisi everywhere and oh yeah! more wine please," she said and stared at Damian pushing him to first say something as regards to his order then subsequently her question.

"Uhh- I'm good."

"Come on! Bills on me. This is my hotel remember?" She added lifting the side of her lips to a smile.

"Alright. I'll have the same thing as she," he replied and dismissed the waiter. "My wedding was to commence this Saturday and even though I can postpone it to a different time, I want Laura to have it now..."

"...but you don't have money to prepare for a wedding under three days. That's fine! Even though it's going to be very difficult, it's very possible. You supply the bottles of wine to the guests and we could hold the reception at the grand auditorium and invite people because hey! Who doesn't like weddings? Everything can be arranged and the ten percent cut will pay for everything in due time. How about that?" Celine asked.

"I- I don't know what to say," He replied.

"How about a thank you and I can't wait to work with you because that's what I'd like to hear. Then if that be the case, here's a pen to sign here, here, here and here," She added holding up a document and motioning with the pen. He took them from her when she added, "you might need a lawyer to review that." The waiter walked up to them holding well balanced on both palms, two trays that held their orders. He placed one on Celine's end and the other on Damian's end and brushed his vest as he turned to leave. He had his head held high and his elbow pushed to the side with a white napkin on his lower arm.

"Hold on a second. It says here that you'll move in with us?" Damian asked.

"Even though I am the CEO, there are some decisions I can't make on my own. The company your late father owed which I happen to share hold, insist I stay within close proximity and monitor the affairs of the winery." She reached out to her pair of cutlery wrapped with soft tissue paper and held them in position in both hands as she took slow bites from the orange coloured rice garnished skillfully with moi-moi at the left, next to the chopped carrots, peas and slim strips of cabbage dripping with milky sauce. She would occasionally deep a fork into the meal and with the aid of a knife, push its content up into the fork and slowly reach for her scarlet red coloured lips.

"This is absurd! You can't just move into our house! What sort of contract is this?" He asked.

"So you don't want the deal?" She asked savouring the taste of her meal intently.

"Well... I guess adjustments can be made to accommodate you," he replied slowly.

"I thought as much. Then I guess it's a deal Mr. Richards." The end of her lips curved into a smile as she watched him sign the last provided space for a signature and hand the documents over to her.

*****

Duncan had flashes of the last encounter with his mother swipe through his memory. He couldn't believe it! He was the illegitimate son Stephen spoke about. He stood behind the kitchen counter and grabbed an onion ball from the basket where it was in, and placed it on the chopping board as he attempted making lunch; noodles.