Chapter 35

Ananya's p.o.v.

Just like the sky has worn the cloud today the day also seemed to be colorless and I who was not getting sleep for a few past days and as a result, my working hours suffered from sleepiness top of that the boring schedule was making it worst. I made my way towards the washroom to get rid of this. But on entering my eyes fall on Diya standing in front of the mirror. Her long hair covering her face was not allowing me to see her. I stood beside her and started splashing water when I heard the sound of sobbing. I turned to discover Diya crying.

I kept my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, what happened?" I said in a calm tone.

"Was I doing so bad in my department that they made me do work for him?"

"Who?"

"Arjun sir." She replied amid sobbing.

So Diya is my replacement. But why is she crying?

"That's good news. Why are you crying for that?"

"I'm not crying. I'm tense. You know how much strict he is. One look from him and I feel like someone is running through me. He scolds too much. One mistake straight termination letter at your table." She gazed up at me.

I don't know why but I started laughing inwardly hearing her assumption about great Arjun Singhania. Wow, he seems too scary.

"Relax he won't eat you. Just be sincere and do your work," I said smilingly. This girl is so innocent.

"Moreover, working under a tall dark, and handsome boss, isn't it cool?" I said to make her feel better.

"That's the problem you know more handsome more tough and strict. My old boss was so good. He was an old man without any type of arrogance. But Arjun sir is just opposite to him. Last time I had to go to his office for making a mistake. And his scolding scared me the whole night. Why has he replaced you?"

"Because I scared him more than he scares you."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. All the best."

As I passed his office my footsteps paused for a moment. My stupid mind, why you stopped me, don't you know he asked me to not show my face? Finally, I made up my mind and leave for my office.

Third man's p.o.v.

"Why are you still standing here? Want more work?" Arjun blurted in anger. He could feel someone's absence was making him restless and the realization of who the person is was making him more frustrated. The whole time his eyes were somehow making their way toward the door.

Yeah, she wants forgiveness from you, this way. She doesn't even care for you.

He got up. It's lunchtime. He has to go to meet his friends. At least their friends might make him forget about her.

He entered the cafe in front of his office. It's a small meeting called up by Shriya for the upcoming anniversary party of her parents.

"What's this Shriya? What's so hurry to meet at this point? There is still some time. We can discuss it later also. You know it's my working time."

"Arjun. It's already late and you are saying there is still time. I have to organize the whole damn thing. And you guys know very well I can't do anything without you people."

Arjun took a sit beside Vishal. The only emotion coming out of him was his unintentional temper. Firstly he shouted over Diya and now Shriya and in the end he ended up feeling bad. So to make everything normal he called the waiter and order a coffee.