Chapter 59

"Wine?" Rahul offered holding a bottle as he took a seat beside him.

"Umm...ok." Ananya accepted, a little hesitant.

"So? You couldn't sleep either?" Rahul asked staring at her.

"No"

"So, you and Arjun broke up?"

"Yeah," she sighed and took a gulp of her drink. "I made a blunder. It's my fault." Sadness surged within her. Nowadays whenever she pondered over all these they made her feel overwhelmed. So, she tried to keep herself busy all the time.

"Hmm, so, Arjun just let you go?"

"I lost him. Let's not talk about this."

"So, did you talk to Shriya?"

"I don't love her anymore."

"What? But..."

"She clearly told me, she would not love me ever. She didn't see me that way. She has only eyes for one person."

"Don't feel bad," Ananya replied dazed.

"It's just about time Arjun starts reciprocating her feelings. Do you think Arjun has feelings for her?"

"I don't know." She whispered looking in the darkness outside. A cold breeze passed by them and the next moment raindrops started dropping in soft drizzles. As the first raindrops fall, they create a beautiful symphony, tapping on leaves and rocks. With each passing moment, the rain grew bolder, transforming into a steady downpour.

They sat there silently watching the rain. The sound of rushing water mixed with the rain's steady rhythm, creating a captivating cacophony that echoed through the wilderness.

"There is a different kind of beauty of rain in the mountains, isn't it?" Rahul murmured.

"Yes, it's both terrific and breathtaking, it's like the world is going to end today and it's just a siren before the end. As if nature was plotting some horrible game of destruction behind the facade of this heavenly beauty." Rahul glanced at Ananya's face. In the dim light, she was glowing like a candle.

"Rahul, what would you do if the world ends today?"

Rahul kept silent for a moment and then opened, "I would like to rectify my past mistake."

"What mistake?"

"When I let you go when I let such a beautiful girl like you? You are so gorgeous, beautiful. You are kind, caring, and mature. Now when I look back I regret that day. The day we were supposed to be together. The day you could have been mine."

Rahul lifted his hand and touched the back of his fingers on her cheeks. With hooded eyes, she stared back at him. Those words clouded her mind with a particular face.

The moment you entered the party looking like a temptress, you turned me into a stupid. I could hardly conclude what others were saying.

Say yes to being mine. I want to say to the whole world that you belong to me only.

"Let's give us a chance once more, Anu." The face said back.

"I know there is still a part of you that loves me. They say first love is hard to forget. Our fate was destined to mingle, Anu. That's why even after all the relationship in our relationship we are here, with each other."

"Yes, I love you so much."

"Let's give us one last time. I promise you won't be disappointed. I will keep you happy."

"I know." She whispered. He drew closer to her as his lips followed her lips.

"Anu"

"Arjun "