Chapter 6: Sincerely Callie (Edited)

Chapter 6: Sincerely, Callie

I slip on my mid thigh red dress. My lovely ruby earrings and necklace to match. My nails stay discoloured and raw. I've been picking at them again. Binh was gone when I got home. I assume he headed to the restaurant without me. I've already packed my bags and I'm ready to set out for Quantico. But first, I need to explain things to Binh.
I walk through the door of the restaurant and see him waiting for me. I wave to him and he stands, greeting me with a kiss. He pulls out a chair for me like a true gentleman and sits down across from me.
  I flip through the menu rather quickly. I am not hungry. The only thing I feel in my stomach is nausea from being nervous. "Binh, I'm not really hungry. Do you want to just take a walk in the park?" He sets the menu down on the table. "Thank god. I wasn't feeling very hungry either. A walk in the park sounds way better." He takes me by the hand and we leave the restaurant. The air is cool, but not cold. A fresh snow has fallen to the ground and it's stunningly beautiful. The trees covered in the light layer of white fluff, the bushes being kissed by the cold touch of winter...
  "Binh, I need to tell you something." I say, turning to face him.
  "Actually I have something to ask you." Not exactly the response I expected.
  "Binh, I need to tell you this now. It can't wait." I tell him. Mine and Derek's flight leaves at 8:00pm sharp.
  "No, it can wait until after this."
  "Binh it can't-"
  "Callie." He interrupts. "Stop, and trust me just this once." I nod and he pulls me onto a park bench. He takes my hand with one of his and kisses me.
  "Catherine LeClaire, I love you with all of my heart and I don't want to spend a single day of my life without waking up to your smiling face. I want you more now than I ever have before." I smile. I always love it when he tells me how much I mean to him.
  "So Callie, I have a serious question to ask you." Before my mind can even wander, he pulls out a small velvet box from his jacket.
  "Callie will you do the honour of being my wife?" I stare dumbfounded at the shiny gold ring. Shocked.
  "Callie?" I meet his eyes before saying the only thing that comes to mind.
  "Oui, je vais te épouser." For those of you who don't speak fluent French, I just told him: yes, I will marry you.
  He embraces me into a happy hug and slips the ring onto my finger.
  "Now what did you want to tell me?" He asks. Suddenly I feel like the biggest idiot alive.
  "Oh my god. Binh, I'm so sorry." I say quickly.
  "I wanted to tell you that I'm taking my old job back and moving to Quantico again." I put my head in my hands. How could I be so foolish?
  "But now you're going to stay here, right?" He asks.
  "Binh, I don't know. I can't just not go. I already have everything set in stone. I just need to catch my flight."
  "Callie, are you saying you'd rather go back to your old life than stay here and marry me?" He's upset. I don't blame him, I would be too.
  "Binh, I didn't say that." I reach for his hand but it's not there to grab.
  "It's me or the job Callie." He demands, thinking the choice is obvious.
  "Binh, you can't make me choose." I say.
  "You know what, whatever. I'll see you later." He storms off down the street. His dark hair and kind eyes stinging my memories. An empty hole fills my chest. This feeling of sudden loss. I love Binh with all my heart. Why is he making me choose? Though the choice is obvious. I will always choose Binh.

I fold up the pages carefully. I put them deep inside the envelope and seal it. I write his name ever so carefully on the front, and I slip the ring off my finger, setting it on top. The words so carefully placed and twirled came so naturally to me. But I must go. My things packed, suitcase in hand, I rush out the door. Derek picks me up out front. When he notices my tear stricken face he questions me.
  "How did he take it?" I avoid the question and don't look at him.
  "Drive."
  "Prentiss if you want to stay-"
  "I said drive okay?" I abruptly look over at him. Meeting his eyes instantly. A sharp glare forming through my tears. More fall and I let them.
  "Emily, don't do anything you might regret. If you aren't sure you want to come-"
  "Derek, I'm sure. I want to go back to Quantico."
  "Emily what has you so shaken up?" He asks.
  "What did he say to you?"
  "Morgan I don't want to talk about it. What's done is done, now let's go." I wipe my eyes and pull myself together. In seconds I feel like Emily Prentiss again, and not Callie LeClaire. All my different identities loved different people, and each one has a soft spot in my heart.
  Being in love with Ian Doyle while I was Lauren Reynolds was something special. We had a connection, a crazy thing nobody understood. That has stayed with me through thick and thin. A part of me loved him. I don't know how or why, but I did. And it killed me when JJ told me he was dead. A bullet crushed his skull, but that's in the past.
  And now, as Callie LeClaire, I don't know if I will ever be able to let Binh go. A part of Emily Prentiss will always love them. And now, as Emily, I truly must decide who I love.