Reid's Letter

Dear Emily,

I'm not quite sure why I've chosen to write this letter to you. I think I trust you most out of the people who surround me, and you seem to understand where I'm coming from most of the time. Ever since JJ's been gone, a part of me has been missing. A part of me that I can't get back, and I can't live without. My heart was hers, and it gave out.

This has led me to a crossroad in my life. I can choose to move on with my life, and try to go on without pieces of myself. Or I could end it all now, and put my soul to rest alongside the woman I have come to love. Love was never a word I knew or an emotion I felt. But once I met JJ, it was instant. All I wanted was the best for her. I wanted her to be happy, and be loved.

I told her the truth thinking it could do no harm, only to find out that she and Will had filed for divorce. She bagan telling me about these intense feeling she got when we were together, and she wanted to act on them. From this, blossomed our relationship. Sometimes I wonder that if she'd told me she was pregnant, maybe it would have changed something in her fate. I know that if the god I have believed in for so many years is a reality, that JJ and I will be safe up there.

I'm so sorry Emily, but I have a choice, and I've made my decision. If you're reading this, I must be gone, but make sure you always remember that there is something better out there for all of us.

As a great woman once told me, every end is also a beginning.

Forever and Always,
Spencer Reid