Chapter 6 - The Seaside Town

Start from the beginning

Lifting her head up she turned to the right to stare up at Elizabeth's mansion, however what she saw took her breath away. It was boarded up, harsh brown splintering wood barricading the windows, the turquoise paint on the outside chipping and broken. Lydia bursted into a sob immediately, Jack catching her as she collapsed into his arms. Letting out painful cries, Lydia sunk more and more, seeing her pain personified in her shop. Like all the things that beaten down one her, they were beaten down on the shop, showing Beckett's joy of tearing her down plank by plank. Jack widened his eyes and flinched at every whimper she let out, holding her closer until she couldn't even move in his arms. He did not say a word. He did not know what to say.

How could she have left it? Left it behind to burn while she had so much joy. It was like she was watching Marianne die a second time, but this time Lydia missed it. She missed the death of her once home and shoved herself further away from Marianne. The woman who took her in, cared for her was being to be forgotten. Lydia wanted to hurt herself, inflict the pain she deserves for taking such a woman for granted. Pulling herself from Jack she began to hit herself, screaming obscenities that Jack gasped at, taking her wrists and pinning her down until she stopped. But she struggled under him, fighting back with her cries, mad herself. Infuriated at what she did to her.

"This is all my fault. That's not my shop, that's Marianne's! How dare I!" She yelped, tears steaming her eyes until she couldn't see "I'm so disgusting for doing this I should have never done this!"

Forcing her down, Jack sat over her and stared, mouth wide open. Finally she was letting her emotions fly and not holding them down, but he didn't know what to say. He had his hand over her wrists holding them above her head, her continuing on her cries while struggling to move.

"She cared for me, she gave me so much and I ruined everything!" She screamed.

"Stop! Lydia! Darling stop!" Jack pleaded, beginning to feel tears in his own eyes.

"I'm gross, I'm a lier, I'm- I'm," she panted  before halting and seeing how she was being held down.

Suddenly a wave of embarrassment washed over her. Instead her anger for herself was replaced with embarrassment so strong she groaned where she was, pink coming to her cheeks. Jack let her sit up before sitting next to her, not saying a word.

"I'm sorry, I'm pathetic," Lydia let out, playing with her shirt.

"No no come here," Jack held her face in her hands "you're not stupid for being hurt your home is leaving. You cared for this town more than most clearly love. If it's anyone's fault it's Beckett's."

"It's just. It's like I don't even care she's gone," Lydia said.

"You may not think about her but that doesn't mean you don't miss her. She's still in your heart dear," Jack took one hand off her cheek and put his finger to her heart "I'm so sorry sweetheart."

Gently, Jack placed a kiss on her forehead, taking her into a deep hug. She sighed and pushed herself closer, wrapping her arms around his back.

"When did you get so wise Sparrow?" she giggled.

"I died myself remember, kinda gives you all these special talents," Jack rebutted, pulling away and winking at her "come on, you should see if there's anything left there for you."

Reaching the door is was blocked too, like how Lydia had locked away her own thoughts that Jack still hadn't cracked. Why did she call herself a lier? When that was said he couldn't understand why, because she wasn't a lier. She'd always told the truth, which made him begin to worry. That little bottom of your stomach worry that manifests while you aren't looking. Her eyes were puffy and her hair was dishevelled, if only he could know. If only he could push inside her brain.