Mine at First Sight

Description:

"Would you rather I chain you to a post and have you sleep on the ground outside?" the Lycan King raised a brow.

His response caught me off guard and I stammered, "W-what? No... I-"

"It can be arranged," he said with a scowl.

****

The Malvar Empire has a fixed social structure.

At 18 years old, humans are sorted like cattle and divided up to work as servants.

Except for a human healer named Lenna, the first in centuries to have magical powers.

As news of her unique amethyst eyes spread across the land, the Lycan King, Edric, moves in to claim her as his.

With the threat of war from beyond the border, the Lycan King must do whatever it takes to keep his empire safe.

Even if it means working together with a human.

****

My opinion:

KimberlyTanithMarie

Now I don't really read supernatural books, but I'm gradually am broadening my horizon and this was one of the first few I've read. The author asked me to check it out and I am so happy that I did. Although my knowledge of werewolf books isn't perfected, I can say that this one takes it to another level. It wasn't a cliche, repetitive cycle. I loved it. The plotline and the characters were terrific and I would gladly reread it. I love how the characters don't instantly fall in love, they take their time and develop themselves as well their relationship. Another thing I, for sure, look for in a book, is a strong female protagonist... and this book had it. I cannot praise it enough, so please go and read it if you want a book that differs from others.

Status: Completed

Additional info: no sequel but has a bunch of other amazing books like, 'dom's absolution'.

Aesthetics that remind me of the book:

****

Update #2 on the same dayyyy. I'm on a roll!