Escaping Back Alleys

Description:

Once a King, always a King.

When two strangers meet in the shadows of the city, desperate to escape a life on the run from a ruthless gang leader, their partnership seems like the only way to survive. Together, they navigate the gritty streets of New York City in a thrilling, bloody chase as they struggle to unravel their plans to go from being the hunted to the hunters.

****

My opinion:

eastcoastgirrrl

I'm sorry. But just put whatever book you're reading right now, down. Like properly, hide that shit awayyyy because this book is gonna knock you off your whatever horse your on. I literally cannot put into words how fucking amazing this book is. It actually stuns me. Stuns me. Like put whatever your reading away and go read her writing and praise this fucking queen for the bombass work she does because I was blown to bits when I read it. It's honestly just so refreshing to read her book. It was so fucking real. Hands down, don't think you could pick up another book that was as good. It incorporates so many relevant issues in the world today so seamlessly. It talks about the things that need to be talked about but get kept hidden away. This queen never dropped her crown and neither did her main character. Can we just sit down, yes you need to take a seat and appreciate this mind blowing work, to realise how she got to display character development so beautifully. This book is so realistic and relatable but also the perfect piece of fiction. It shows you the downfalls, the hardships and the pain of REAL gangs and real relationships and the hurt many many people have to go through. If this book doesn't open your eyes... I honestly don't know what will. Honestly, I have no idea how she's done it. But she's written a book where you love every single character, not even despite, bit for their flaws. I don't think I will ever find a book quite like this one, and I'm ok with that. I've read this phenomenal piece and I hope you do too and share the emotional rollercoaster I felt. And guys, when I say I actually cried for the first time when reading a book, I mean I crieddd. Please just stop whatever amazing book you're reading and please read this piece of fucking beauty.
Little end note: the main characters are fucking RIDE OR DIEEEEE :)

Status: completed
Additional info: amazing ongoing sequel, escaping back alleys

aesthetics that remind me of the book:

****You guys already know my opinions on this book

****
You guys already know my opinions on this book. It's just amazeballs. Please go read ittt :)