chapter 12

I layed under that olive tree for a few days, letting my mind just be blank and empty. I didn't want to feel anything. I also didn't eat in those days, just ignoring my hunger. I also ignored my own sniffling, caused by the small rainstorm that happened two days ago. Since I didn't change the bandage to my wounds in those days my injuries were now infected. Jary hadden't come by either, and my anger had webbed and I now felt extremely guilty about snapping at him. It probably wasn't his fault, I should have let him explain.

  "Silver?". I sat up dejectedly and look around as I heard my name being called. It was Olivia, she looked worried. I wondered what she could be worried about.

 "Yes?" I questioned back at her, my voice a bit hoarse from the combined effect of me crying and not speaking for four days.

  "Are you ok? Jarry's been at my ma's bar  non stop, and when I ask him why he's there, he just gives slurred babbling about you, that no one can quite make out. The only reason we haven't ratted him out to the higher ups is respect for you Silver. Anyways,are you ok? "

 I started to tear up again before I could answer, and due to the tears I couldn't give a verbal answer yet, so I just sadly shake my head no as tears stream down my cheeks. I was still extremely sad about Rosey passing on, the infections on my face hurt, and I was now feeling guilty about making Jarry feel bad; though I don't know what 'drunk' is.

" Oh sweetheart, don't cry" Olivia coos, putting her basket on the ground before making the hug motion at me.

 I snuffle thickly against my tears, but couldn't stop crying; non the less, I get down on my belly and put my face into Oliva's outstretched arms. I continued to cry as she hugged and shushed me gently.

 After a few minutes I calmed down a little bit, but tears still blurred my vision. Oliva asked me a question in a soft soothing tone, as she retrieved fresh bandages from her bag, as well as a strange bottle.

  "Can you please tell me what happened between you and Jarry?"

 With my voice cracking I babble out as I try to hold back more tears, " I-i *hic!* wanted Jarry to watch my p-pet, b-but when I came home m-muh-my pet was dead, b-hic!-both covered in blood. I-I snapped at Jarry and made him run off with-without he-getting his s-story. I-I *Hic!* told h-him I never wanted to see him again b-buh-but that's no true! *Hic!* I wanna see him! He-he's my best friend… I'm so s-sorry th-*hic!-that I'm making him feel bad!". I was crying once again by the end of my sentence, hugging Olivia to my face as tightly as I could without hurting her.

  "...Oh sweetheart..." Was all Olivia managed to say at my sad tale. She rubbed the palm of up and down on the bridge of my nose. It was very soothing and I let my eyes start to close.

  "Now let's get those nasty owies cleaned out and those bandages changed shall we?" Olivia asked, clearly trying to change the subject. I release her from the hug with a sniffle, scrubbing at my tear filled eyes. 

"Alright" I whisper softly. She offered me a slight smile as she takes the dirty bandage off of the tip of my nose, making me scrunch up my nose a bit. Olivia frowned and cringed at the budding infection. She cleans it out with something I don't know the name of, but it stinged. I whimper and hold back a sneeze. Soon the stinging went away and applied ointment and the bandages.

She started the process again with the wound right under my eye while saying in a scolding tone.

  "Now sweetheart, I want you to keep these clean. I don't want the hassle to try to get a doctor to see you. Not that I wouldn't try, it would just be very hard. If you keep your owies clean they'll heal faster."

 I give a small sheepish nod before I sit up. "I will'' I mumble softly. Olivia looks me over and sees the overall state of myself. Admittedly I looked horrible. My clothes were wrinkled and dirty, as well as slightly damp. I was slightly pale due the sniffles I gotten, I'm sure my eyes were bloodshot from my excessive crying, and my stomach kept making soft growling sounds from not eating lately.

  "You look awful Sweetheart… How long have you been out here?" Olivia asked in worry as she repacked her supplies into the basket.

 "Uuuuhhhh" I utter to myself and counted on four fingers before telling the human girl "four days…" I take a long pause before adding "... And three nights..."

  "It rained not too long ago, and you're pale. You got sick! Though I didn't feel a fever when I was pressed against your face." Oliva said in concern as she scanned My face for a few uncomfortable, long moments in silence.

  "I'm fine Olivia" I tell her to break the silence. "I just have a little case of the sniffles. My body involuntarily makes me sniffle, as it was trying to prove my point.

  "Well the 'sniffles'-" Olivia made air quotes around the word sniffles. "-can turn into something worse if you don't take care of yourself, and laying around outside won't help. Let's get you home where you can rest properly alright?"

 I give a small nod of agreement. I needed to eat and change out of my filthy clothes anyways, and the thought of my comfy bed wasn't a bad thought either. A warm bed beat the cold ground near a lake.

 "Alright!" Olive says and claps her hands together as she picks up her basket. "So where do you live? I want you to get nice and comfy as soon as possible, because you need it and I don't need you getting any sicker than your minor cold."

"I'm not really sick… I just have a bit of the sniffles, and I don't live too far away… it's just a few minutes away." I tell her and offering out my hand to her.

 Olivia rolled her eyes at my protest, and climbed onto my hand somewhat clumsily. "I still want you to rest sweetheart. You're the only giant I know, and I want you to stay as healthy as you can."

 I blush a bit at her concern as I get to my feet and start to walk in the direction of my home. "Alright… I'll rest.. If it'll make you happy." I found myself saying.

 It didn't take me too long to reach the cave. I put Olivia on the floor and headed to the cavern which was my room. I quickly changed into fresh clothes. I was just putting the fresh shirt over my head as Olivia walked in. I was glad I was finished dressing at that moment, as it could have been embarrassing otherwise.

" ok, now rest sweetheart" Olivia says in a soothing voice, though she wasn't looking at me, she was gawking at my bed and pillows in utter awe. 

 "Can I eat first, I'm starving… I haven't eaten in days" I ask, then tell her with a sheepish blush.

  "Of course you can." Olivia said with an absentminded shake of her head before focusing on me. "Then I want you in that humaougus bed resting. In the meantime I'm going to go get Jarry out of my ma's bar and bring him here. You miss him, and I'm sure he misses you" She says before walking out of my cave, heading in the direction of the village.

  I sigh to myself as I head to the storage room. I over stuff myself by eating five apples, three pears, and an Orange, but I was full and ready to rest like Olivia wanted me to, so I head to bed.