chapter 3

It takes me exactly two minutes for me to track Jarry down, and when I see him I can only guess he is in a nightmare situation. The human has gotten himself surrounded by a wolf pack. I sigh as I take two small leaps towards Jarry and the pack.The wolves run away in fear upon seeing me and feeling the ground shake, Jarry falls to the ground with a small ‘ oomph.’

    “ You think you, as a defenseless and injured human being can go around the woods and not attract predators do you, Jarry? Well sorry to tell you this… but you can’t. I guess if you don’t want to be near me than fine, die!-” I growl at the foolish human as I step closer, and Jarry steps away. “- I will leave you all alone to fend for yourself then…” I finish as I start to walk away.

    I can’t believe I said he could fend for himself, but he did as for it. “S-s-silver? Please don’t leave! I’m s-sorry I left the cave. I’ve seen the errors o-of my ways! Please don’t leave me here to die..” I hear Jarry’s plea, and I stop to consider if I should leave him or not.

    After some consideration I say,“Fine. I won’t leave you...but you mustn't run out of my cave anymore. You are very lucky all you encountered was wolves.There are much more dangerous things in these woods; especially at night, and the sun is now setting.”

    I then turn back into my human form and crouch down so I can offer my hand to Jarry. He is very hesitant to climb on. Once he gotten semi comfortable in my palm I straighten out and head back to my home. Jary starts to constantly squirm. The squirming tickles my hand. It tickles enough that I want to drop him, but I don’t tell him that.

    I see the cave entrance about five minutes later. I smile and chirp happily “We’re baack!” I walk inside with a bit of a bounce. Once inside I put Jarry back on the pillow from earlier. I still want to show Rosey off so I take a few steps away from Jarry, before I go to far though I look at the human and say, “ Don’t leave that pillow, I’ll be right back!”

    I then continue my search for my pet. I look for three minutes, until I find her under my bed fast asleep. I lay down on my stomach to see her better. She looks so adorable… I don’t know if I could wake her up. Luckily she blinks herself awake. “ Hey there Rosey!” I happily greet her. I then carefully grab the baby deer and stand up.

    Humming to Rosey I walk back to the pillow were the human should be.I nearly smile ear to ear when I still see him sitting there. I softly walk to the pillow and sit cross-legged in front of it. Before Jarry can see my precious pet I cup the hand not holding her over the hand that is. “ Wanna see my pet?” I ask with a tilt of my head.

    Jarry looks at my cupped hand with a mixture of terror, nervousness , and curiosity. After a moment he slowly nods his head yes. So I show him Rosey with a smile on my face. He seems quite shocked. “That’s a deer! I w-was expecting a giant s-spider or something big and deadly!” Jarry splutters.

    “Rosey’s just a baby deer,yes. I don’t think there are any ‘giant spiders’ around here. I know I’m the biggest thing around… so you have nothing really to be scared about!” I say half confused. Why was he expecting a spider or something?

     I carefully put Rosey down near the pillow so she could wander and maybe get to know Jarry. It'll be fine if she doesn't though...he’ll probably leave tomorrow in the morning though. The human won’t want to stay with me, he’ll want to go back to his family and village. I’ll let him go when the sun gets up.

    Speaking of the sun going up...it just went down, which means its bed time.I look down at Jarry and Rosey. Both are just staring at one another. “ Well, I’m off to bed. You can sleep on that pillow if you want, Jarry, or you could share my bed for the night.” I say to him with a jaw cracking yawn. I can see the human start to fidget with unease. “ I don’t move to much in my sleep-” I playfully stated. “ -So you won’t get squashed if you want to share the bed with me...and Rosey.” 

    Jarry just twirls his thumbs before quietly saying, “ I-I’ll sleep on the bed with you… if that is ok…” I smile once again before plucking both animal and human off the floor and go to bed.