chapter 2

I am out of breath by the time I reach home. Since I’m in my animal form I want, and need to pant. I can’t though or I’ll drop Jarry.  I rush inside the cave I call home and gently put the tiny on a pillow. 

I turn into my human form then and speed walk to the next cavern of the cave and retrieve a few ointments, potions, and bandages.  I have a hard time carrying all the items back to the passed out human. When I get to the pillow he is resting on I kneel and place all the the things I have on the ground.

I then very  carefully shift Jarry  so I can see how he injured his leg. He has a long deep cut on his calf. It was bleeding profusely. The injury could be fatal if not treated. I  clean of the cut with the tip of a wet rag, open a bottle of  purple liquid, gently rub some of the liquid onto the now clean cut, open the ointment bottle, smear some of that onto his calf, and bandage him up.

I give the bandage a once over before I’m satisfied. I usually help hurt animals, but I think I did a good job with this human. I then pick everything I brought with me up and go to place them back where I got them. “He’ll be ok. I fixed up his leg. Now he won’t be scared of me and he will be my friend! We’ll be great friends!” I chirp to myself happily as I transform into my animal form and hop walk back to the pillow. I lay my head on the pillow and wait for Jarry to wake up. I fell asleep waiting though.

                                             ♦♦♦

I wake up when I hear whimpering and whining. I open my my eyes with a yawn and see Jarry waking up himself. I sit up and and happily say “ Hey! How’s your leg doing? I bandaged it for you!” The human open his eyes, looks up at me, and screams. I was shocked. Jarry then slid off the pillow and tried to run away muttering, “ Don’t eat me,Don’t eat me,Don’t eat me, I want to live!”

I guess he forgot about what I said earlier and didn't hear what I just said.I turn back into a human and scoop up the injured man into my hands and held him up to my face. I tilt my head to the side and say. “ Why would I eat you, I don't eat people. I won’t hurt you either. You are safe here!”

Jarry just shakes violently, he clearly is afraid of me. I frown at him  at him. I help him, he is not meant to be afraid of me anymore. He shakes more at my frowning so I smile at him while asking, “ How’s your leg? Is it feeling any better?” 

The human pauses, like he is unsure whether or not he should answer. He just nods his head in a panicked way. I sigh semi-sadly. “ I’ll put you down onto the pillow if you promise to stay on it,okay?” I question him. 

He nods once again and whispers, “Ok, I’ll stay on a pillow. J-just put me down already.” I smile happily as I carefully set him on the pillow. I then stood up and walk to the cavern I called my bedroom to get something that might make Jarry a little less scared of me, I hope. I reach the room and look around.

I hum happily as I see the baby deer I helped about a month ago, it’s kinda my pet now. I gently call her name as she starts to hop over. “ Hey there Rosey!” I hold out my hand and she nuzzles it, I then pick her up and head back to the human. He is not on the pillow. My brow furrows as I look around the space. He is nowhere in sight. I put down Rosey and transform into my animal for once again. I follow the human’s sent out of the cave