chapter 10

The pain in those two spots was unbearable. I could feel tears start to well in my eyes, I felt like crying because it hurt so much. I try to sniffle back my tears but my vision grows blurry.

     Through my tears I see several lights come on in the townspeople's homes and several people come outside.

   “ Brax? What happened here? We heard a gun fire! Is everything ok?” Some of the asks while others ask “ are you ok Brax?” 

    I couldn't stop my tears any more and I start cry. It just hurt so much. The group seems to notices this and turns to face me. A female voice calls out in shock “He's bleeding! Brax what did you do? And why do you have a gun!?!”

      “He attacked me!” The person who caused me pain, The person called brax, slurringly growls to the small crowd “ He attacked me first! So I shot him! He was meant to die!” The female voice spoke up again, confronting Brax, “ He. Is. Bleeding! You have a gun, And you are clearly drunk! Not to mention Mayor William said he could live!”

   The tiny crowd murmurs to themselves when she says this. One of the people walk up to Brax and strangle the thing, I think it was called a gun, away from him and escort him out of my line of sight. 

   All but one of the people murrmers their sympathies to me, while I was still sobbing from the immense pain. The one person who didn't give their sympathies walks up to my face and gently puts their hands on my cheek, just below my injury.

   “You poor thing, a victim of Braxton's drunken rage” They say, with the voice of the female that called out earlier. She tries to wipe at my tears but they keep getting replaced by fresh ones.

    “ Ok big guy, I'll be right back, I know it hurts, but I have to get something to help you, ok?” She asks before running off. I don't know where she went because I was still in tears. I don't how long it takes for her to come back, but she does. She brought with her a box.

    “ This will cause you a bit more pain but it will help you, I promise” she says as she pulls something out of her box and walks towards my nose. She puts her box on the ground, puts whatever she grabbed out of the box onto her hand and tells me “ stay still”

     She then sticks her fingers into my bleeding injury, the one under my eye, and I whimper in pain. I try to move my face away, trying to stop the extra pain she was causing me. She just moves so she can do the same thing again. She fishes out a bronze thing out of my wound and drops it on the ground. She then moves to the wound right below my eye and sticks her fingers in that one also. I whimper in pain again as she fishes out another bronze thing and drops it on the ground also. 

      The girl then pulls the thing she got out of her box off and puts it in her pocket. She crouches down and rummaged through the box and pulls out a roll of bandages. She the bandages the injury under my eye saying “ you're lucky Braxton didn't hit your eye!”

     She had used all of the bandage roll and puts the cardboard roll back into the box. She then rummages in the box again and after a few moments and pulls out other roll of bandages.

     She walks up to my nose once again and bandages the wound there too. She then surprisingly kisses the tip of my nose saying soothingly “Don't cry, it'll be alright big guy, don't cry”

      I calm down about after a little while with the girl’s soothings. I sniffle constantly once I calmed down and manage a shaky smile. She pets my nose, making sure she doesn't touch my now bandaged wound, and says in a calm voice “ Now that's better, it's better when a sweetheart like isn't crying. My name is Olivia, what is yours big guy?” She asks me.

       With one last sniffle I respond by telling her, “My name is Silver.”with my vision slowly becoming less and less blurry, due to me not crying anymore, I get to see Olivia clearly. She was beautiful. She had striking blue eyes, shoulder length brown hair, fair skin, and a dazzling smile. She was also wearing a striking purple dress.

       “ That's a great name!” She says and flashes me that dazzling smile. I give her a sheepish smile back and murmur back “ thank you… I like your name to, Miss Olivia”

      “Just Olivia is fine” she chirps happily and picks up her box. “ I'll be back in a few minutes, I'm going to put this first aid kit back into my home” she adds then walks away.

      I lay my non injured cheek on the ground and wait for her to return, not really expecting her to come back. My face still hurt alot, but it's not as intense as before so I didn't cry again. I yawn a bit and start to doze off. I was awoken just to be hurt with that gun thing. I was half awake when Olivia returned with something small in her hand.

     She happily shows my half awake self something that's small and looks weird, I don't know what it is. She bends the thing a bit out of shape and tells me “ This is a bobby pin, I don't know if you know what it is, but I'm going to use it to get those awful chains off of you” she then walks to my left hand and uses the Bobby pin into the hole on the lock that was holding chain and wiggles it around. 

     A few moments later there was a very tiny clicking sound and the lock opens up. Olivia smiles at this and takes the lock and chain off. “ one free and three to go!” She chuckles and walks to my right hand and does the same thing.

     I wipe at my tear stained face as she then goes to my ankles and unlocks the locks around then. She returns to being in front of my face and smiles. She then says “ there you go! You are free now. Also if anyone asks how you got free, it wasn't me.” She had said the last part with a wink.

      I give a small chuckle and carefully sit up. Olivia gives a whistle and playfully asks me “You really are a big guy, aren't you? How tall are you Silver?”

    “ I think I'm about , um, thirty- five feet tall?” I respond, not really knowing how tall I am, just estimating. “ But I don't really know how tall I am” I add so she spent take it as one hundred percent fact.

    “ that's pretty tall, and we can measure you tomorrow if you stick around.” Olivia chuckles and sits down cross legged in front of me. 

     “ I think I will stick around for a bit, there are a few nice people in this place” I say with a smile. In Truth I just wanted to hang around with Olivia some more, she seemed really nice and did help me when I was great pain. She was really pretty to so that was a bonus for our budding friendship. 

    We talk for awhile about random thing, learning about each other. I learned she had a dog and gerbils, that she lived with her mom, and that she liked being in the the woods. What she learned about me was that I had Rosey, that I lived in my cave, that I dabbled a bit in potion making, and that I was friends with Jarry and Marada. She makes a slightly sour face when I mention Jarry but nods. 

    Soon my stomach growls again and I feel the nagging pain come back. I sigh and rub my stomach to try to ease the hunger a bit, knowing it wasn't going to work. 

     “Are you hungry sweetheart?” Olivia asks me with a slight tilt of her head. I nod and say “ Yes, but I'm more tired than hungry. I'll eat tomorrow” I respond 

   “How about we go to bed then” Olivia says with a bright smile then tells me “ lay down sweetheart!”. I lay down on my stomach and she moves and curls against my neck. She soon falls asleep with a cute yawn. I fall asleep soon after her.