cuarenta y tres

Cody was on the couch taking a nap after he just went and worked out.
I told him I had to run a few errands but I was actually going to meet cole tucker for lunch and help him plan a little get together with just Cody's family and a few baseball friends to celebrate his win.
He called once I got in the car and told me to meet him at chipotle which wasn't surprising.
I parked and grabbed my things before I got up and walked inside and gave him a hello and a hug.
We both got our food and sat down.
"How have things been for you guys?" Cole asked as we started eating.
"Good definitely different then the last go but we're doing well how are you and everyone else doing?" I said.
"Pretty good I just got back a few days ago and didn't tell cody he's been hitting me up to go and play some golf I'm thinking we should surprise him in a few days nothing big just with some of his favorite food and drinks and people." He said.
"That sounds good just let me know if you need help with anything and I can see if I can do it Jen volunteered for it t be there and I can keep him distracted." I said smiling.
Cody had called me after an hour or so of us talking and planning.
"Hey babe." I said putting my phone up to my ear.
"Ya I'm gonna go see my brother care to explain the pictures on Twitter I've been getting tagged in the last hour and a fucking half dude." He said making me look up at cole confused.
"I have no idea what you're talking about Cody?" I said with worry in my voice.
I got up and Cole nodded towards the door leading outside as he threw away our trash and handed me my purse.
"You have got to be kidding me you go out once I knew you were acting all weird but seriously?" He said loudly through the phone.
"Give me a second I literally have no idea what you're talking about Cody." I said taking my ear away from the phone and pulling up Twitter.
I looked at what I was tagged in and rolled my eyes.

Adam__ missin the old times babygirl.

I exited out and held the phone back up to my ear.
"You really think that highly of me huh." I said as Cody let out a sigh.
"You really think I want to leave you for him god Cody I haven't spoken to him since 2017 and that was our last conversation I have never once spoken or seen him since then I'd really hope you would choose to believe your wife who loves you so fucking much and was just about to head home to so I could see him and my child that I had with him but yes go and believe adam that works great too." I said and added quickly.
"I'll talk to you when you get home from your brothers be safe please." I said and hung up as Cole looked over at me sadly.
"Hey he'll come around later give him some time he's so scared to lose you he just needs to calm down." He said giving me a quick hug.
"Thanks for getting lunch with me it was nice to get out of the house I hope everything works out the next few days." I said and hugged him quickly before heading to my car and immediately breaking down once I started to drive away.
I got home and changed into some comfy clothes and laid in bed for a few hours switching between trying to get some work done and falling asleep.
It was way past dinner time and I hadn't bothered to get up and get anything I just continued laying there until around 7 pm when our bedroom door opened and shut.
I felt Cody walk up towards the bed and take off his shoes and sat down next to my legs facing towards me.
"I shouldn't have yelled at you I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions I see my wife with a guy who you were with for a while and he's calling you babygirl and reminiscing what am I supposed to say?" He said rubbing my leg which was under the duvet.
"You could have just called and asked me if we could talk when I got home what was so upsetting was the fact that you really thought or think that of me that I would just leave you guys for a guy that I haven't seen in almost 4 years when I have my dream family at home who I love. Why is that just not enough." I said letting my tears fall.
"I really don't want to hear it cody I know you didn't mean it I get that but god I married you not him or anyone else I want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you." I said and set my stuff down on the nightstand before standing up and washing my face and brushing my teeth and putting on one of my t shirts instead of Cody's which he noticed.
"You need a shirt babe?" He asked quietly as he leaned against the wall in the bathroom.
"No thanks." I said trying to pass by him as he grabbed under my jaw and looked down at me.
"I'm not letting us go to bed mad." He said and wrapped his arms around my waist as I eventually lost it and put my head in my hands and leaned forwards onto his chest.