Chapter 88: Abandoned

Start from the beginning

The phantoms backed off with pain in their eyes before they looked at each other before turning around to find more lifeless people lying around the room, there five more bodies but they were unidentifiable to the phantoms af they were torn apart and mangled, somehow Cub was the only one the phantoms were able to identify with ease. The phantoms hopped away from the room to search in hopes to find some sign of life, but as the time passed they continued to find blood and torn flesh on the floors before hopping into a room, the phantoms had found around eight bodies and one only being identifiable as other have seemly gone missing, other their still alive or dead as well. The phantoms slowed down as they walked on their wings and feet looking around the room as hope started to leave them, they cooed and hissed with desperation and pain before seeing a subtle blue glow that slowly yet fading away flashed in the room near a corner. The phantom looked up at the blue glow seeing it dimmily flash on and off with life or was this just false life and they only came across another body of a hermit.

The phantoms cooed slightly ready to just give up and fly back home, but there was a response, not much of a voiced response as a pained groan came from the corner of the room getting the phantoms to perk up and hop over to the person in the corner of the room, the phantoms looked at the person before one of them hopped up on the person leg looking at their face identifying it to being Iskall. The phantoms hissed at one another before maintaining there focus on Iskall seeing the damages he'd received from whatever attacked him, his robotic half of his face was busted with sparks slightly showing up as blood poured from his nose and a few cuts that were on his neck from several knife slashes or scratches of claws, it was hard to tell with all the blood that cover Iskall as his cloth was torn and stained with his own blood and the blood of his friends. Iskall trying to speak which only was hisses of pain as he leaned his head into the corner of the room. The phantoms glanced at one another as they stayed close to Iskall unsure of what they should do, how would they call for help, did one phantom have to leave while the other stayed. The phantoms painked unsure of what to do, as they huddled close to Iskall making sure he wasn't alone in this cold.

An hour would even past in this cold room as the phantoms had found a few things as they struggled a bit with the bandaged as they patched up Iskall's wounds, how the phantoms learned to do this was by watching other people such as Bad when he patched up the teams wounds at the time. The phantoms cooed and hissed at one another as they messed around with the medical supile they'd found trying to put the spares back into the box as they did use some of it sparingly to clean and disinfect Iskall's wounds.

"Where are they, what happened, why am I like this, why does it hurt so bad..." Iskall only thought off as the catering of the phantoms continued until one huddled close to him and the other left to retrieve it's master just to bring him here and help further and possibly revive the hermits unless it was too late for them.

~~~~~~

"It's been hours where are the phantoms, you said they'll be back with the hermits by now" Tommy hissed at Dream only to have Paralysis snarl at him bearing his sharpened teeth with curled up lips showing his gums, "I know...look I don't know if the hermits are busy or-" Dream looked up hearing a smack against the window as George went over to open it and when he did he recoiled as one of the phantoms flew in onto the table hopping around and hissing in a panicked tone.

"Hey, hey settle, what's wrong~" Paralysis spoke until the phantom flew at him landing on his shoulder, the phantom dug it's talons into the fabric trying to tug and pull on it as it flapped its wings around trying to guide Paralysis out of the room. Paralysis waved his hand to the group getting them to follow as the phantom took off into the sky and into the darkening forest.

"What's going on!" Tapl called as he ran with the group outside as Sapnap shut the door behind everyone before running to catch up with the group, "I don't know! It's just a freak out mood for a phantom I guess" Spifey called back to Tapl as they rushed past the trees and the wind dragged and brushed their hair in violent waves.

"Yeah no kidding, I've never seen this before at all!" George called as Hal and Ceru ran beside him before they all jumped over a fallen tree that blocked the path as the phantom was screeching it's lungs out like Banshee would.

"Somethings wrong I can feel it~" Mitosis said with Vermilion following right beside him, "I'm more concerned about the Hermits Mite" Verm said with worry in his voice as leave crunched under their rushing feet as the leaves and grass would sway by the current they created.

"This isn't good, I can sense danger~" Catharsis said as he was in his human form running beside Wilbur and Fundy as Tundra rushed by them as if this was a race to who'll be first to the hermits base, "I can smell death! Haha!" Ravage roared out with a devilish laugh charging right by everyone as Sequoia followed right behind him.

"Ravage this isn't funny, this is serious!" Techno snapped as he leaped over a large stone that was in his way before landing down nearly twisting his ankle as he kept going with the flow of the group around him before everything came to a stop. The group would stare upon the hermits base seeing that blood cover the doors as if they were pried open by a monster.

Dream looked at the base as Paralysis stopped to just stare at it, stared with no emotions as Dream walked forward already ready to enter the base as he pushed open the door as it feel free from its hinges slamming onto the floor with a loud bang that got everyone to flinch and cover their ears, "What the hell happened here." Dream thought as he entered the base followed by everyone else as papers would drift by thanks to the cold breeze that entered the base.

Everyone became hesitate as they saw the mess that was left behind covered with crimson splotches here and their as chunks of flesh covered the floors and mangled bodies laid around, each room that the group entered held a mess or a few bodies that were unrecognizable as the phantom hopped around on the floor leading the group to a certain room. As they drew closer to the room a few members chickened out needing to leave the building as the foul smell of death was too much for them, everyone left one by one only leaving Dream and Paralysis with the phantoms as they entered the room looking down upon Iskall seeing the second phantom huddled close to him.

"Iskall?" Dream questioned as he drew closer to the injure man before looking up at the wall seeing blood painted on it in words he didn't understand, he stared and stared never taking his eyes off the words written in blood "ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ℸ ̣ ∷⚍ℸ ̣ ⍑ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ᓵ𝙹リᓭ⚍ᒲᒷ ||𝙹⚍, ᓵꖎᔑ||~", Dream looked away and he blinked a few times before looking at the wall again seeing that it was blank with no blood. Paralysis walked by kneeling beside Iskall to heal him as the latcher raised his hand slightly as the blood around Iskall lurched with life as it coiled around his wounds.

"What happened here, why is everyone dead. Who attacked you?" Dream questioned as he walked over to Paralysis and stood beside him before kneeling as Iskall's wounds slowly healed over.

"I don't know Dream, I don't know anything, I didn't see anything...I don't remember what happened...I just woke up here bloodied and brushed." Iskall said as his voice lingered with weakness as he slouched his shoulder before hissing in pain as Paralysis sped up the healing process just a little bit.

"This was mythic's doing~" Paralysis hissed under his breath as his gaze was now off of Iskall, "Mythic is just slowing us down from the danger in the dark oak forest...Mythic is going to rot for all i care about~" Paralysis added in a quiet tone before closing his hand as he was done healing Iskall and when Paralysis stood back up he just walked out of the room leaving Dream with Iskall.

"You'll save us right, you'll keep us safe?" Iskall questioned with his weak tone of voice as the phantoms stayed close to him for comfort, "I...I'm scared." Iskall added as he looked away toward a dagger stained with his blood as Dream glanced at it, seeing the skull like marking on it as Dream spoke up with a reassuring tone of voice as he stood up once more.

"Yeah, we're here to protect you, we'll save all of you, Iskall."

"Trust Me~"