60). The Slug Club

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, the five of us, plus Ginny, Neville and Luna entered the Hogwarts Express. Ginny, Neville and Luna went ahead as we were talking about what happened at Knockturn Alley. Fleur and Mrs. Weasley had accompanied us and Fleur kissed our heads and said good-bye. Ron still had a small thing for her, but will he try to ask out Lana? Along with that, we got our O.W.L results. Hermione had passed all of hers, and so did Lana and I, and Ron and Harry got by through Herbology.

"Don't you see?" Harry asked us. "It was a ceremony. An Initiation."

"Stop, Harry," Hermione said. "I know where you're going with this --"

"It's happened," Harry said, ignoring her. "He's one of them."

"One of what?" Ron asked.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater," Lana said.

"It's not an initiation," I said. "We told you in third year, Death Eaters are made when they take the Mark on their skin. Draco needs to have the mark to be known as a Death Eater."

"And what would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy?" Ron asked.

"So what's Malfoy doing in that shop?" He asked. "Browsing for furniture?"

"It's a creepy shop," Ron said. "He's a creepy bloke."

"Look, his father's a Death Eater," Harry reasoned. "It only makes sense."

"Alright, anyways," I said. "We have to do our prefect duties, so we'll see you in a bit, lads."

Hermione and I went to put on our robes and as we were changed, Hermione helped me with my tie again and placed a kiss on my cheek as we went on. Lana joined up with Sam and they patrolled the other side. As the both of us walked around, we saw Malfoy, who was a Slytherin prefect sitting with Blaise and Pansy, who was also a prefect, but they weren't doing their duties.

"That's strange," Hermione said as we passed them. "They didn't say anything."

"Maybe Malfoy's learned his lesson after 6 years," I suggested. "Keeping his mouth shut." She giggled again as we returned to the compartment 20 minutes later after we patrolled and had a quick snog. Anne had found the compartment and was talking to Harry happily.

"So, updates..." I said as we sat down. "Malfoy isn't doing crap, and he isn't being a prick... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one."

"Maybe he preferred the Inquisitorial Squad," Hermione added. "Good thing Addison took that down when she was Headmistress."

"Excuse me?" A third year girl said as she came around to our compartment. "I'm supposed to deliver these to Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Y/N and Lana Lovegood." She was rather nervous as she gave the parchment with a violet ribbon to us. Must be the article about Harry. She quickly left as we looked at them.

"What is it?" Ron aked as we untied the violet ribbon around our parchment.

Y/N,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of Lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely,

Professor H. E. F. Slughorn.

"It's from Slughorn," Lana said.

"But what does he want me for?" Neville asked as we left the compartment.

"No idea," Harry said. "Let's go under the Invisibility Cloak, then we might get a good look at Malfoy on the way, see what he's up to."