"Hello and good morning, IU noona, Senior Irene," he greeted.

"Just call me Irene. Don't be formal," Irene said.

It was an awkward moment.

'Should I talk with her?'

'Should I talk with him?'

"Ho—" they both spoke in unison but stopped quickly.

"You go first," they both said in unison again. They chuckled.

"You speak first," JM said with a smile.

"Ah no, you first. I'm your noona," Irene said as she looked at him with a smile.

That made JM's heart beat like the wind.

"Okay, okay, NOONA," he teased.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"Good but not that good," she said.

"Heh?" JM was confused.

"You know what I mean. So how about you?" Irene asked like they already knew each other. They talked and comforted each other, and as Irene had her turn for the Soju photoshoot, JM encouraged her with a smile.

Later on, they attended an award ceremony, and JM became friends with Red Velvet, especially with Yeri. They exchanged numbers and started hanging out. As the days passed, Irene discovered her feelings for JM. It wasn't just a crush; she liked him. Meanwhile, JM liked Irene for who she was, not just the idol Irene on screen.

The connection between JM and Red Velvet continued to grow. They often called or texted each other, had friendly dinners, and even video-called sometimes. Irene found herself feeling jealous when she saw JM interacting with Yeri, although she couldn't understand why.

Months passed, and Irene now knew that what she felt for JM was more than just a crush. The age gap didn't matter to her; she genuinely like him. JM, on the other hand, continued to admire Irene, seeing her as Bae Joohyun, not just the idol Irene.

One day, Red Velvet was a guest on a show called "I Can See Your Voice." JM and Jin of L7 were contestants, and their faces were covered. As they performed, the audience and Red Velvet tried to guess their identities. The tension rose until Red Velvet chose JM and Jin as the real singers.

The trio prepared to perform "Tell Me! What Are You Doing?" by K.will. As they sang and played instruments, the audience and Red Velvet were amazed by their talent, and Irene couldn't help but smile as she watched JM on stage.

(Jin)Without a word, feelings keep growing
This can't go on like this
How did I become this way?

How did I fall for you this much?
I don't even know

Why are you lingering around me?
Whatever you do, I notice
Whatever I do, I'm curious about you

Why are you lingering around me?
What should I do?
I keep thinking of you

(JM)Tell her! What're you doing? Tell her! What're you doing?
Don't make me look somewhere else like a fool
I wanna tell you
You're the one in my heart
you are my only one

As they continued singing, their voices sounded familiar, and a wave of shock swept through the audience and Red Velvet. Yeri was the first to realize who was singing. She couldn't contain her excitement and immediately shared her discovery with Wendy, who was equally shocked. The two listened carefully once more, trying to confirm their suspicions.