But I could never ask him for that, he seems like the type to catch feelings, it would also complicate everything.

But I wouldn't do it, because everyone calls him a whore. He may never want to have sex. Just to prove to everyone that he isn't a whore. Even though he shouldn't prove anything to anyone, I understand it.

I gaze into his green eyes. He's breathing heavily and there is a snarl on his face. His blonde curls are in his eyes as he scowls at me. "Royal," I whisper, he presses the knife harder against my throat. "Royal," I say louder this time.

    "Ember?" He removes the knife from my throat but keeps me pinned underneath him. His chest is practically pressed against mine, all of his weight is pressing into me. I keep my mouth shut as I nearly suffocate by the weight of him on top of me. "What're you doing here?" He asks.

    "You and I need to go," I say as calmly as I can, I can feel every muscle in his body loosen as he stares at me. Realizing he's not in danger. "What?" He says a little breathlessly, "Why?"

    "Because," I breathe, "I can use my powers to get them out if it's just you and I." He sighs loudly, he scans me and I stiffen. His eyes rove over my body underneath him, his eyes linger a bit too long on my chest. My face heats and I pray to the gods that he can't see it. Royal seems to realize he's on top of me and rolls to my side. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

He shifts so he can turn on the lamp on the bedside table. Light explodes through the room and I grimace. I pull myself up into a sitting position, I cross my legs underneath me and face him. He props himself up on his elbows and I nearly shudder at him. He's in nothing but his boxers, I avert my eyes as they almost lingered too long on them.   

"We need to go," I say, trying to get my beating heart to calm down.

    He groans and flops back down onto the bed, lustful feelings I have leave my body at his laziness. I scowl at him. "It's three in the morning, Ember."

    "I know, I let you sleep in." I hop off his bed, trying to put some distance between us, he guffaws. "Sleep in-"

    "Yes, now put on some clothes, we need to go."

    He gives me a sleepy smile and it makes my heart flutter. "Am I making you all hot and bothered?" He finishes with a wink.

    "No, but you are repulsing me." He growls at me and scoots off the bed. He curses me to hell under his breath and I bite on my cheek to stop from giggling.

    I try to avert my eyes from Royal as he gets dressed. He practically stomps up to his dresser and pulls out black pants and a white shirt. I turn away and face the wall and he chuckles behind me.

    I stare out the window and onto the dark street, I love walking down the streets of Krasmere at night. It's so beautiful. I guess I won't be doing that for a while. Lodashine is far from Marelli.

    "You can turn around now," He tells me, I slowly turn and paste a scowl on my face, he's bent down tying his boots. He looks up to me and laughs at the scowl on my face. He straightens and walks over to the armoire and grabs his black cloak and jacket. He hauls them on and stares at me, waiting. I go over to the lamp he turned on and switch it off. He curses, I walk to the door and hear him stumble around. I laugh to myself, forgetting I'm the only one who can see. I walk over to his stumbling form and grab his hand. He stiffens for a moment before gripping my hand firmly in his. I guide us through the dark room and out to the hall. We walk down the narrow hallway, Royal's boots slide a bit on the long rug. Two doors down from Royal's room is the weapons room. I carefully open the door and pull Royal through with me. Royal closes the door behind us and goes for the light, I pull on his hand to follow me but he stands firmly in place. I turn to him, he's searching for my face. "What?" I whisper.