"Really."

THE DAYS WERE GOING BY much faster than Mina thought. September was just about done in two days time and the world was once again entering a brand new month. The chill in the air was relatively getting worse and worse that sniffling seems to be a norm for her now. Truth be told, she's quite susceptible to the cold and surely enough, her thick cardigans were already pulled out from the depths of her wardrobe and infused with her daily school fit, along with hot packs snuggled into her pockets for the betterment of her comfort.

Now that she thought about the hot packs, it reminds her of the many times she's stayed late at school— just when she'd lock up their club room and she heads to the gymnasium, peeking through the doors to see Kageyama and the few other members cleaning up. Before, she'd be hesitant to say anything but nowadays she could easily just walk in and help them in the process [ that is, of course if she brought an extra pair of indoor shoes ]. The raven haired male used to highly react when his teammates created a commotion out of them but he's more used to it now, only reacting when he's pitted against a new tease.

But as that's all over, the closure of the gymnasium and they were left to their own accord, Mina would thank him for his hard work and he would as well while she hands a hot pack to him. Not that he would really need it with all that sweat he's earned in the gym but it was just something she did out of care; something that gradually turned into a habit.

Though now— well, giving him hot packs is much more easier said than done. Mina rarely sees him since he's always training for next month's representative play-offs. During the weekdays he's training from morning, lunch and evenings and on the weekends, he leaves for Tokyo due to the training camp.

It's a little sad and lonely for sure, but it's only ever increased the bond they shared with each other. Mails were exchanged between them on the daily with additional photos to aide it. And if Kageyama had enough time, the two would call each other despite the late hours. He'd occasionally slip out of the room they were sleeping in just to make the excuse of being in the bathroom, but Ukai knows better than for him to be cooped up in there for a long time with that same lame reason for the umpteenth time. He could've honestly switched up his tactics around 'cause it was just plain as day at that point.

"Are you sure you're doing fine right now, Mina-chan? I can come to where you are andㅡ"

"I am fine, Oba-san," Mina chuckles, trying to disperse the older woman's concerns. "I have cheese tarts with me. On my way back home, okay?"

It's not often that Mina's strolling down the streets of Sendai. In fact, the last time she's really taken a good look around this place was when she first arrived. Ukai's family took her around the hotspots, the highlights of this city that would really captivate any first-time comers. But this situation was different from that. Now, Mina came here alone and for a different reason rather than for roaming around the place; hence the reason why the older woman's worried sick for her.

But the reason she braved it out to go alone was the fact that Ukai's father was having his birthday tomorrow. Of course, what better way to celebrate his big day than with his friends and family, a good feast and his very own favourite— the baked cheese tarts from Sendai station. One could not believe how much he just absolutely adores the store and most importantly, the food itself. Though he can't consume them regularly, the Ukai family does indulge him every special occasions or so [ for the sake of his health ].