四十二

chapter forty-two!

GAUCHE

UGH, HOW EMBARRASSING

A quick walk from Tomizawa station to the entrance of Sendai Gymnasium shouldn't be enough to work up a sweat. Mina knows that she's quite ill-equipped in the athletic department but to think that she's just carrying a plastic bag full of Pocari drinks— it shouldn't have been that bad, but it is. There's a chilly breeze running amok in Miyagi this afternoon but one wouldn't think so just by looking at the brunette. Thankfully enough, no paid any attention to her standing by the doors and just carried on their merry way.

Much like she remembered, the halls of the building is as lively as ever. There's the hustle and bustle that her mind vividly pictured, a vast array of students and their colourful jerseys, and the noisy chatters in the enclosed space. Though unlike last time, Mina prepared herself this time. She had numbers saved on her phone if ever she needed the help and she had Ukai draw the layout which led straight to the sub-arena where the semifinal game should be held. The drawing may have been a little confusing and the handwriting's a tad bit illegible, but she's rather grateful to have something to rely on.

She pulls out the paper, takes a quick scan of it and heads into building where she weaves her way through the sea of people. Once she sees that there's a fork in the road, Mina pulls herself aside and takes a look at the paper again to check for directions. So far, so good, aside from the fact that her arms were getting tired with the drinks. Having to carry dozens of bottled drinks were quite exhausting, much to her defense! And so, she carries on while wrapping a handkerchief around one hand to ease up the soreness. It'll numb the pain for a little while.

This much she could do for the team since she wasn't able to attend the game yesterday. It's been a two weeks or so into October and the cold has made its presence much more prominent over the past few days. Aside from the fall breeze and dried up leaves scattered on the ground, Spring High Playoffs is in season. Yesterday was Karasuno's game with Johzenji High and she unfortunately couldn't make it due to classes but she's managed to escape earlier today, albeit missing their first game of the day.