十八

chapter eighteen!

GAUCHE

THIS WAS UNLIKE HIM

THIS WAS UNLIKE HIM.

Tobio Kageyama is most commonly known for his gruff appearance, tall height, intimidating aura and his brusque manners— until he looked at himself in the mirror for what seemed to have been a dozen times by the time he stood in front of it. He was always seen wearing his school uniform, sports jerseys, workout clothes, or those unprepossessing shirts that Nishinoya handed down to mostly everyone in the club; but he was never bothered about what he wore right until this very moment.

After being tutored by his seniors and Mina for a week now, Ukai couldn't handle how rambunctious they were most of the time. So, the team was kicked out and was only allowed to come on certain days for their study sessions. But today was a Saturday, which had no scheduled tutoring sessions until Hinata offered for the three of them to study. It was almost instantaneous for Kageyama to turn down with no fat chance of spending his weekend with the ginger shortie but when Mina agreed— well, he couldn't exactly refuse anymore. The thought of her and Hinata alone made him grimace.

So, here he was, preparing for today's occasion to unfurl.

The raven haired male looked at the outfit he had concocted in the short period of time, fuelled by anxiety and unsureness— it looked nothing different from the usual outfits he had worn; just a simple grey sweater and a pair of freshly washed jeans. Kageyama had the corner of his lips curving, looking like a mildly satisfied smirk until the expression washed out when there was a knock on his door.

"Tobio? Have you seen the blue pen that I left—" The sound of his mother's voice behind the doors suddenly became louder when they creaked open, allowing for the older woman to peek in. She was unable to finish her sentence once she saw what he was wearing, eyes scanning him from head to toe. Kageyama was a little uncomfortable now.
"... You're training today?"