四十九

chapter forty-nine!

GAUCHE

          "TAKE THE RIGHT TRAIN, OKAY?"

On the first week of December, Kageyama had to leave for his training in Tokyo— Tokyo! Mina couldn't believe it the first time when he broke the news to her during their picnic date, telling her that he was invited to the All-Japan Youth Training Camp. At first, the brunette merely smiled and nodded as she really didn't know the importance of this, but she was glad for him anyways and cheerer him on. It wasn't until Mina got home and asked Keishin what it was that she gasped loudly and called Kageyama, jumping around her room and crying praises for getting in such a prestigious program. It must've been such a thrill for him, to be seen as one of the best players in Japan; even Mina was over the moon for him.

So, here they were, standing on the platforms of the train station at ten in the morning, making sure that he gets the directions right. The first thing Mina made sure to do was to pack him some homemade snacks, a few packets of hand-warmers, and two drinks—a bottle of Pocari and a carton of milk. Despite the raven haired male's futile protests that she didn't need to prepare this much, he didn't have the heart to deny her kindness either way—not that he would in the first place.

"I know," Kageyama nods, pulling the girl softly towards him as a crowd of people pass by them. "I got instructions on how to get there."

The girl mindlessly hums in response as she rips open a pack of hand-warmers.

"Okay," Mina crumples it and when it starts to warm up, she reaches for the pockets of his jacket and slides it inside. "Did they write it in Furigana?"

He stiffens. "Huh?"

This made the girl chuckle. "Tobio-kun, I like you but you so bad at reading Kanji, you know? Here, I want to see paper."

Despite the inner turmoil and embarrassment, Kageyama knew she was right and reluctantly handed the paper over to her so she can write on it. To be fair, he's been working on his skills [ albeit they are no better than Mina's, which is a little silly considering he is a native ] but he still needs all the help he can get. It's bad enough to know that he's subpar at it in his class, but the fact that he still needs it outside of school environment drives him insane. Thankfully enough, Mina was never the type of person who made a huge spectacle out of anyone's situation.