二十七

chapter twenty-seven!

GAUCHE

HE WAS OUT OF HIS MIND

Thirty-eight percent. Kageyama was merely two marks shy from passing the Modern Literature exam. Only two more marks and he would've gotten himself a free ride to Tokyo— just two more marks. His seniors and teammates were chatting behind him, shaking their heads at the pitiful mistakes they made. Sugawara thought of the distress they must've felt and consoled him and Hinata, but both looked up with blazing determination in their eyes.

"How are we getting to Tokyo!?"

"Think we can run?" Kageyama grits his teeth.

"No, we bike! We bike all the way there!" Hinata refutes with his idea.

Sugawara falters back at the sight of their determination. They're still dead set on going! He knew these two we're the most stubborn blokes he has ever met but when it came to Volleyball, their desperation was unparalleled.

"Okay! Listen up, you two!"

Their heads turn towards Tanaka who stood with his arms crossed.

"Both of you flunked only on one subject, right? That means you should be able to finish your makeup test in the morning!" He states.

His words seeped into their brains like water to a dry sponge and immediately did their faces brighten up quite significantly. Tanaka felt an immense sense of pride flooding his chest at the sight of their admiring stares and that moment, he felt like a senior that they could truly rely on.

"After that, I'll send you a saviour."

"Tanaka-senpai!" Hinata cries out first and he guffaws, arms crossed with much pride.