二十六

chapter twenty-six!

GAUCHE

STUPIDITY IS A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD

That's what Mina thinks anyways. No one wants to claim the title— well, how could anyone with how degrading it defines a person. So, she strives hard, to at least be more than subpar in academics and the bountiful knowledge available in the world. But more than anything, that one field she thought she wouldn't use— she thinks it's highly unlikely— was the knowledge she acquired on matters of the heart; love.

Those mangas she read, the obsession of her friends over the late night melodramatic shows on television, minimum sexual education provided in class— it all sums up to this point where she should've known how to face such an encounter like this.

But no.

And maybe she should've been stupid for the fact that she doesn't know how to respond to her discovery. Or maybe she shouldn't have mulled over his words at all, maybe then she wouldn't have deduced it like she was trying to remember her math formulas in class. But there was no shielding her from this knowledge anymore, not when she figured it out herself.

"...Lee-san?" Kageyama mumbles out her name.

Mina looks up from his call. Out of nowhere did a sudden rush of adrenaline flow through her veins, impulsive and full of disregard for future consequences. She purses her lips and licks it while all these pep-talk types of thoughts travelled around her mind.

「 Look at you. You're young. You're scared. Why are you so scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. 」

Oh, God.

Oh, God.

Oh, God!