Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Chase

I was still seething over the death of my Omega, wanting to spill the blood of whoever did it to her. If there was one for sure thing about me, it's that I'm very protective of my pack members. Especially if I train them hard every day, it just pisses me off that a weakling human hunter managed to get through our grasps and murder one of us in cold blood.

Growling, I promised myself that I would return the favor.

"Dude, chill," A voice reached my ears and I looked up, growling at Luke, who only rolled his eyes. "You're hurting the chair."

I confirmed his words when I looked down to see that my claw perferated the chair, leaving scratches and holes. Groaning, I knew Lily would kill me. She was strangely devoted to the perfect image of this house.

Luke sighed, "There's nothing you could've done, Chase."

Sending him a glare, I shook my head, "You don't get it. She told me there was a hunter, I tracked down her scent but it kept getting tangled, switching directions. How the hell does something like that happen? Exactly, it doesn't. So something really messed up is going on, and I need to figure this out."

Looking up at my Beta, I noticed the stiff way he stood, a grim expression on his face. The way he always looked when he had to deliver bad news to me.

Groaning, I ran a hand down my face, "What's wrong, now?"

"Alpha Beckett called just ten minutes ago. He checked in on Alpha Jake's pack and found them all massacred. The pups were all killed in a fire. No one survived," Luke answered.

My stomach dropped, "Alpha Jake and his pack... they're all dead?"

Luke nodded.

Slumping back in my seat, I shook my head in disbelief. When I took the Alpha title, Jake was the one who'd call me all the time, checking in to make sure everything was going well. He was like the big brother I never had, the one who showed me all the ropes to everything about being an Alpha, to running a successful pack.

Now he's dead.

"Was it hunters?" Was the only thing I said, instead of saying how I really felt. I'm the Alpha of the strongest pack, I can't show any weakness.

Luke nodded, 'Yeah. And guess what the weapon of choice was."

Narrowing my eyes, I thought back to Michelle's corpse, an arrow sticking out of her side. I growled, "A bow and arrow."

He nodded once more in confirmation and I kicked back the chair in anger and it shattered against the bookshelf, but I didn't even flinch. Furious, I threw the desk lamp across the room. Gripping the edge of the desk and leaning over it, I looked up to Luke, "I'm going to find that son of a bitch and kill him."

"Agreed," Luke spoke with caution, ready to book it at any moment if my temper went too far out of control. Everyone knew to get out of an angry Alpha's way. The only thing that could calm an Alpha down in his mate. Hailey. He spoke again, breaking me out of my trance, "But first I think you need to loosen up and relax."

I raised an eyebrow at him and he gave me a half smirk, "There's a party tonight."

"No," was my gruff response.

He rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, everyone's going! I knew Lily and Rebekah are dragging along that new hot girl, Hailey or whatever. She seems like she'd be a lot of fun. Plus you looked pretty lovestruck when you looked at her."

Growling at the way he talked about her, I sped over and pinned him up against the wall by his throat, my wolf taking control, "Don't you ever talk about my mate like that!"

His eyes widened, "Shit man, I didn't know she was your mate!"

Regaining control, I let him go, upset. Running a hand through my hair, I whirled back around to face him, "You can't tell anyone. I'm not ready for everyone to know. I'm not sure if i'm going to accept her."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Why? Because she's human?"

I shook my head, "It's not like that. I don't know."

"Well I know that you need to go to this party," He took a step off of the wall, "and get wasted."

Taking in a breath, I nodded, "You're right. Only booze can fix this right now."

Luke laughed and slapped my back as we walked out of the partially destroyed office, "Hell yeah, man!"

With Luke's words in mind that Hailey was most likely going to be at the party, I wore a tight black v-neck t-shirt that defined my muscles, paired with a pair of dark wash jeans and black converse. God, the things this girl was doing to me. I was actually dressing nicely for a party. What was going on with my god damn mind right now?

I heard Lily running into the house, squealing into her phone to Rebekah about the party tonight and I stepped out from my room to stop her in the hallway. She paused and spoke before pulling her phone away from her ear, "Hang on, Bekah, my brother's actually dressed nice-- again."

Rolling my eyes at her immaturity, I folded my arms over my chest, "Are you going to the party tonight?"

She nodded, and mocked my position, folding her arms as well, "Of course I am, you big baffoon of a bumbling idiot!"

"With who?" I questioned.

Lily raised her brow at me, "Why so curious twin brother? But if you really must know, I'm going with Rebekah and Josh. Oh and we're going over to Hailey's house, you know the new girl from lunch? You would've had other classes, but you ditched yesterday! Seriously you need to stop that. But anyways, we're going over there to see if she wants to come to."

Withholding the urge to tell her to stop adding in unimportant details that I didn't ask about, I nodded, "Alright, you have permission to go."

She raised her eyebrows and laughed, "Chase, you're older by five minutes. You can't pull the overprotective big brother card on me."

With that, she walked past me and into her room, and I knew she was sure to be in there for two hours, just trying to find the perfect outfit, but she shocked me and walked right back out with a bag in her hands. She winked at me before skipping down the stairs and calling over her shoulder, "Later!"

Waving her off, I sighed and followed her trail out the door, but instead got into my car, driving to the party. When I got there, there weren't many people. It had just started, but on the bright side, I got to grab a beer while it was still cold. Chugging it down, I smiled at the familiar burn.

Two hours later, the party was in full swing, people grinding on each other, laughing, drinking, two idiot girls stripping on the bar who were sure to regret it tomorrow when they saw the pictures, but I was still bored out of my mind and only on my third beer. I was taking it slow tonight, and I wasn't sure why, but I just wasn't in the mood to get drunk off my ass like usual.

An intoxicating scent hit my nose and I looked over to the door to see Lily and Rebekah flanking Hailey, who stirred emotions deep inside me and I was suddenly overwhelmed with so many emotions, but I could pick out the strongest two; anger and lust.

~

a/n: so there's chapter 6, hope we all liked it.. I'm going to go eat Bob Evan's now. So yeah. Why do you think Chase felt angry??? Let me know what you think in the comments! And don't forget to vote! :)