Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Hailey

It's been four months, and now  here we are, dressed and ready in the black and purple graduation robes, waiting to close the book of this chapter of our lives-- this very messy, crazy and long chapter.

Chase came up behind me as I stood in front of the full-length mirror in our room, straightening out any wrinkles in my robe with my hands.

"Stop fidgeting," He murmured, placing a kiss at the base of my neck, "You look perfect."

I smiled, tilting my head a bit to give him better access and he trailed his kisses up to my jaw before spinning me around and placing a hungry kiss on my lips.

Laughing, I tried pulling away but he tightened his arms around my waist, lifting me up and placing me on the bed, "We're gonna be late!"

"I don't give a shit," he rumbled, moving his lips back down along my neck and down to the spot where he had marked me. He sucked on it gently and a moan escaped my lips as I threw me head back. He took that as an invitation to pull off my graduation gown and the dress underneath along with it, staring down at me in my bra and underwear with hunger evident in his eyes.

Huffing, I leaned up and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me, "Fine, but you better make it quick."

He smiled before crashing his lips to mine.

Lily frowned as we all stood outside of the high school, pouting, "I can't believe you guys are all graduating without me."

"Then you'll have all of the attention next year when you graduate," Luke smiled, kissing her forehead. Her pout melted for a second before she restored it. Rolling my eyes at her childishness, I couldn't help but laugh.

Chase leaned into my ear, "Remind me again why I'm allowing that?"

Turning, I raised a brow, "Because you love both of them and want them to be happy together, just like we are." At this, it was his turn to raise a brow to me. I shook my head, "Let me put it this way, what would you do if Lily told you that you could never kiss me again, or hug me or see me or even be near me?"

His eyes darkened and I chuckled, pressing my hand to his cheek, "Then there's you answer."

"So, are we gonna go graduate or what?" Josh spoke up, Rebekah in tow as she flipped through her note cards ridiculously fast. She's valedictorian and is losing her mind over how bad she could end up messing up her speech. He turned to her and rolled his eyes, snatching the cards from her, "Jesus Christ, Bekah, you'll be fine! You are the smartest person I know, and you already have that thing committed to heart. I'm pretty sure you'll still remember every word in like 40 years or something, too. Just relax, okay?"

She smiled and nodded, thanking her mate for the support.

Looking at the time, we decided it was time to go line up and after a rather drawn-out kiss, Lily left Luke and the rest of us to go claim her stake at the very front row of the bleachers to cheer us on as we walk to get our diplomas. It's still crazy to believe that after everything, we're all standing here, ready to start off in what they call the real world, although for me, I think I've been in the real world for a few years now.

Slowly, we all began to file onto the football field and into our respective seats, facing the bleachers filled with loved ones and family members, and mostly pack members if I'm being honest here.

Rebekah stood at the front, smiling proudly as she faced the students, her friends and pack mates that she has known since birth, ready to address them as valedictorian.

"Hi," She greeted, then looked down with a smile before looking back up, "Most of you know me, but I'll introduce myself anyways.. I'm Rebekah Clydesdale, and I've gone to school with almost all of you since school even began for us, so I know we might all be annoyed with each other by now."

This earned a couple laughs throughout the crowd.

"But we're all family here. Every single one of us has made an impact on at least one other person here, whether it was big or small, we've all connected with each other on a level that can only be described as family. It isn't simple, and it can sometimes get messy-- really messy, but the point is, we've always been there for each other. We have always had each other's backs, and for better or for worse, we've stood side by side through so many trials in high school. Whether it was a chemistry test, a break up or something more serious, we're all standing here today, having made it past all that," She spoke confidently, with sincerity in her eyes.

"So, here's to a step forward, a step in the right direction towards our future. When we are standing up here today, walking across this stage and receiving our diplomas, we are entering a new age and it's a day to remember for the rest of our lives, so let's remember it together, as a family. Because we might hate each other sometimes, and we might make each other want to pull our hair out, but we survived high school together, and we can survive so much more," She smiled, and I found myself doing the same, a few tears pricking my eyes. "So, here's to the future, one that we can spend together."

With that, she stepped back from the microphone, and everyone applauded her, earning a few extra loud cheers from Lily, Chase, Luke, Josh and I out of support for our friend.

One by one, we all walked, receiving our diplomas. I received an embarrassingly loud whoop from Chase when my name was called, and most of the pack members in the crowd laughed at the action.

So, naturally, I returned the favor when he walked and got his own diploma.

We were all gathered around in a circle after the ceremony, Chase's arm around my shoulders. He kissed the top of my head, smiling, "We did it, guys."

"That's so cheesy, man," Luke spoke, rolling his eyes.

I smiled, "Well, here's to the future."

Rebekah shot me a sardonic look for that one.