21~ Sleep Deprived

A feeling in my gut is telling me that we are not alone. It has been well over six hours, maybe more, maybe less since Sakura and I have slept. Since escaping from that creepy woman we have taken cover under the roots of the tree. While Sakura has taken care of both Naruto and Sasuke, I am the who has to get the water. The river isn't far, it's just that I have to be on guard not to get caught by other teams which was an hour task.

The feeling in my gut just won't go away and try as I might to keep my eyes opens it is just a hard task. "Yue!" hearing Sakura shout my name I jump down from my hiding spot up in the tree. My heartbeat that was once beating fast, slows down seeing that Sakura is alright.

"are you okay, Sakura.?"

"No. yes. It was just a nightmare." Sakura sighs as I slowly nod my head. "you need rest." This is another failed attempt at trying to get my pink hair friend to rest. Of course, she refuses to. "I never imagined how tough this exam would be." I say touching the towel on Naruto's head, feeling how warm to cold it now feels. "this exam is extreme, and call me crazy, but this exam could do us some good."

"yeah?"

"Now, don't go and blame Naruto for getting us into this exam. This exam can make you stronger." With each passing minute I could feel my head become light and dizzy. "Sakura, I know you are doubting yourself, but I believe in you. Sakura?" I call out to her when she doesn't answer to see that she has fallen asleep. A small laugh leaves my mouth at my friend who has passed out.

Seeing as I am the only one up, I stand on my feet and pinch my arms to keep myself awake. Pinching myself didn't help as my arm went numb to the pain. Tilting my head back, I look up to the sky seeing gaps between the trees. I didn't know if it is just because of me being sleepy, but I could have sworn I saw something, or someone leap across the branches to another tree.

Not wanting to risk the safety of my teammates, I close my eyes and fall backwards. Hopefully they will think I just fell asleep. With my body sprawled out on the ground I let my breathing slow down. The only problem was, how do I get back up without alerting the intruder. There could very well be a team. Seeing as I am in a tough spot, I stop thinking and try and feel the temperature around me. To my north I can feel, my teammates. Only the three of them. To the south I can feel four different body temperatures. They are closer than the other body heats I sensed, and they aren't moving.

After a while of pretending to play sleep, I was ready to get up when I heard the sound of a squirrel. A squirrel? Finding it a bit strange for a squirrel to be running about, I quickly jump up and wipe at the side of mouth as if I had drooled.

"Oh, a squirrel!" Seeing the squirrel running in the direction of the trap Sakura and I had set I throw a kunai at it before it gets close, "Please stay away, I'm sorry if I scared you, but you really scared me too." Though I am in fact scared of squirrels I do feel bad for throwing a kunai at it. In my rush to stop the squirrel I had used my right hand which caused my shoulder to act up again. Grabbing my shoulder, I start to feel dizzy.

"Yue are you okay?" I turn my head to see that it is Sakura. "oh, your shoulder still hurts."

"I'm okay. I just used the wrong hand to throw. How about you. Are you feeling alright now?" I watch as Sakura's eyes go wide.

"Yue!" Sakura makes a dash towards me, but before she can reach me or before I even know what is happening, I feel myself being jerked upwards. A small gasp leaves my mouth.

"Hi! I'm Kano!"