"I been meaning to tell you I been listening to BTS, they're really dope" Tony said putting the muffin tins in the oven

"I told you. They make good music" I continued to chat with my mom and brother until the food was finished and we all gathered in the dining room to eat.

I arrived in Ohio on December 28th and would spend the next week with my family. I called the guys when I landed but the time difference between us was now thirteen hours so our communication would be inefficient until they made it to New York. I sat around the dinner table taking in everyone, texting and talking on the phone does not compare at all.

"Dad are you ready for retirement?"

"Yes and no, I've never not worked before. Ever since I was old enough to have a job I've kept one, can't believe thirty-seven years can go by like that" he said with a snap of his fingers. My dad is a mechanical engineer, he had to take early retirement due to an accident that left him with some bad nerve damage but you'd never know it just by looking at him. My dad, Donald, was a tall, hefty man with rich brown skin and hazel eyes that he shared with James.

"Well I for one am happy he's finally retiring, I know you love your work but you can finally relax and take better care of yourself" My mother, Tanya, said with a loving smile and pat on my father's large hand. She was on the thicker side now but mom was still gorgeous, her hazelnut complexion, big brown eyes and perfect smile still made my dad, and onlookers, weak in the knees.

I loved the way my parents loved each other, like any relationship they experienced hard times and disagreements but they always worked through them and put each other first. My mom is 6 years older than my dad, marrying him after her first husband died in a car accident, she was his biggest supporter and inspiration. I always dreamed I'd meet a man like my father and have a beautiful love like theirs.

"Ami, have you gained weight. Your face is rounder"

"Yes mom" I shook my head looking at my brothers

"What? I was just asking"

I just laughed and fixed my plate. I missed my mom's cooking like crazy, everything tasted as good as I remembered. I cleaned my plate, twice. Once I was good and stuffed like a pig I retreated to the family room while James and Michelle handled the cleanup.

Once everything was put away and cleaned up James and Michelle joined us and we continued to talk, which was mostly me getting caught up on everything. My body was still in Korea and when everyone else was tired I was wide awake. I sat in my bed willing myself to sleep but had no luck so I pulled out my iPad and watched a movie. Afterwards I was still up so I text them

Ami- I can't sleep 🙁

I knew they were probably busy so I didn't honestly expect an immediate response but a few minutes later Yoongi replied

Yoongles- Aw I'm sorry Noona, did you try taking melatonin?

Ami- Nope. I forgot to buy some. What are you doing?

Hobi- rehearsal. taking a break

Ami- I figured that much. My body is still on SK time

JK- I wish your body was still in South Korea

Ami- miss you too Kookie lol. I don't want y'all to get in trouble so get back to work

Yoongles- try to get some sleep

TaeTae- I hope you have a good week with your family Noona

Ami- thank you babes. Call me when you can

I scrolled through the hundreds of pictures we've taken with a smile on my face. I figured everyone was asleep by now so I decided to make myself fall asleep too. I wanted to be able to get up at a decent hour tomorrow. I landed on my secret folder, sticking one of my galaxy buds in my ears first, finding videos of JK and Tae for a dose of dopamine.

Time was moving fast, it was already New Year's Eve. I was visiting with family, trying to see everyone before I was back on the other side of the world. It was exhausting but I was genuinely happy to see everyone. My aunt and uncle were having a party so everyone had gathered at their house for festivities.

"So Ami..." my cousin Kayla said with raised eyebrows "is it true that Asian men, you know?" She whispered flexing her pinky finger

"Kayla" I chuckled "they're like everyone one else's, yes some do have small penises, some are average and some a truly blessed"

"Mmhmm, so do you have a truly blessed boyfriend over there?

"Sort of, we've been dating for a little over two months now and things are really good between us"

"Hey. What are y'all talking about?" Another cousin asked sitting on the sofa next to me with a cup that reeked of alcohol disguised as juice

"Hey Josie, talking about Ami's Korean boyfriend and how big their packages are" Kayla laughed taking a sip from her own cup

Ooh you have a boyfriend? What's his name? Is he cute?" Josie got excited "I know you have a picture of him"

"His name is Andrew, yes he's cute but I don't have any pictures"

"No pictures? He must not be that cute" they joke, I just rolled my eyes and scanned the crowd for no one in particular

"Shut up, he is he just doesn't like to take pictures"

I talked and mingled with everyone for hours and actually felt tired. It was 11:45pm, the ball would drop in fifteen minutes. I excused myself from a conversation with my conspiracy theorist uncle who'd also been drinking like a fish to check my phone

"Babydoll, I miss you already"

"Me too baby, I wish my new year's kiss was with you"

"I can't talk long but I had to check in" it was hard to hear him over all the noise in the background

"I know. I've been watching y'all on tv, get back to work"

"Okay, okay I love you baby"

"Love you too Joonie" the call was over. I smiled to myself doing a happy dance. I can't believe how lucky I am.

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy new year!" We screamed in harmony with the crowd on the television. Hugs for everyone and kisses between the couples

Once the ball drop was over and it was officially January 1st 2020 everyone started to go home. It was around 1am when my parents decided to leave so I rode with them. We said our good nights and parted ways. I went to remove my makeup and take down my hair. With a clean face and my fuzzy pajamas on I got in bed and fell asleep immediately.