Chapter 32

The car ride back to BigHit is a commotion. The radio plays their debut song 'Rise' and WEnUS screams along with it on top of their lungs. All four girls are super hyped up after their performance which was so cheerfully lauded. Their debut act is now trending #1 on all platforms worldwide. The day they were preparing for, for months finally gave the exact output they desired.

When the girls had arrived backstage, the happiness and surprise on the faces of the staff was unexplainable. They had looked extremely proud of the five of them. The teamwork, the expression and the aura which the girls radiated off were commendable. The scene behind the stage was so beautiful that Haein began crying and all her make-up got terribly ruined. The blue butterfly painting of the eye shadow on her right eye got smudged all over her face and clothes. The stylists had to clean her up immediately.

Now, they enjoy the evening away in their bare faces and normal clothes of track pants and loose t-shirts.

But this ride is the worst part of the day for Hana, who sits at the extreme back of the car to prevent the four of them from looking at her.

Everything is suffocating her. She cracks a smile or laugh every now and then when one of the other four turns her head in her direction.

The thirteen kilometer ride from Yeongdeungpo-gu to Hakdong-ro feels like a ride from the earth to the moon; minus the delight and pleasantness.

When they finally enter the building, the receptionist signals for the staff to stop cease all actions at once. They smile as they give a round of applause to the freshly-debuted WEnUS.

Laughing and being all giddy, the five of them make their way to Bang Shi Hyuk's cabin, just like they had planned a day ago.

The excitement and the sense of accomplishment on the faces of the WEnUS girls are enough to bring some peace to Hana's heart.

"PD-nim!!" Haein calls out as she ferociously knocks at his cabin door.

"Come in, please!" he answers from inside.

"We did it!" is the first thing Stacy says as she steps in. "We hope you liked our performance."

"Liked it would be an understatement," Hitman Bang smiles as he gets up to walk to the middle of the office. "I loved it. You all are amazing."

Rubina graciously beams, "Thank you!"

"This is just the beginning." Shi Hyuk reminds. "You have a long way to go."

"Exactly!" comments Naryeom. "So, let's get other things done now, shall we?"

"Sure, eonnie," Yoonseul replies. "But we're having our debut party tomorrow, aren't we?"

Hana looks away at the minimalistic piece of art on the wall.

Shi Hyuk tries to fill his voice up with zeal as he replies, "Sure if your schedules will be cleared."

"Girls, are we done yet?" Naryeom questions with little authority she has.

"Yes, we're done," Hana says for the first time since leaving the KBS 2 Building. "WEnUS, you're going up to the practice room now. I'll see you in a while." She announces, her attitude clad with leadership.

"Alright, Hana," Rubina nods as she uses her arms to gather the other three girls and drag them out.

Once out of sight, Hana glares straight at the CEO in front of him.

"Hana, dear," he begins, "I'm so sorry for your loss. I just..." he trails off.

It is amazing how our behavior gets changed depending on who we're around.