genuine

I was rushed to the hospital.

Turns out I have a sprained ankle. My ankle was swollen and I hit my face pretty bad, I have a bruise on my left cheek.

I don't have to stay in the hospital overnight. They just have to give me a boot and crutches...

"I'm sorry I couldn't do my best..."
I tell my coach who was sitting right beside me.

"Don't worry about it, just focus on getting your ankle back to normal... Your lucky you just sprained it, at least it didn't break."
He said.

"True, but... I'm disqualified..."

"Eunbin, despite your fall... I thought that was one of your best performances. You even switched your double lutz to a triple one and executed it perfectly. I feel like your fall was partly my fault. I didn't  let you work on that axel"

"It's not your fault... I'm just too clumsy."

My coach stands up and gets me my crutches.

"Go home and rest, don't get on your feet too much."

I nod my head.

I walk with my crutches down to the car.
My mom drives me back home.

When we arrive i quickly turn on the TV to see if the competition had finished...

It had.

Since we are among the best junior skaters in south Korea, the competition was always broadcasted on TV.

They were giving out the medals.

I see sunghoon on screen. They were giving him his medal. But, why wasn't he happy? Even the second and third place winners looked happier than him.

Was everything ok?

I moved my foot a bit and I just felt a really sharp pain

It hurt so much that my eyes started to water.

I turn off the TV, I don't want to see the others receive their medals. It's just going to make me feel worse.

When I was younger, I came across a video of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is a Japanese figure skater, one of the best ones in the world.

I didn't know anything about ice skating, but I became interested after seeing him preform.

After being a fan for years, I went to see him perform at the Olympics in Pyeongchang . I witnessed his gold medal performance...

Thanks to him, I fell in love with figure skating.

My main goal is to become better than sunghoon first. THEN be on the same level as Hanyu.

ONCE MY LEG HEALS, I'LL GO BACK TO THE ICE AND BE A EVEN BETTER VERSION OF MYSELF!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Two Days Later

it feels weird not going to practice ..

I've been hospitalized before and that was because I broke my arm during practice. My stupid self tried a quadruple axel whenever I can't even land a triple... No one has ever landed a quadruple axel, and I was feeling confident enough. Like I've said before,.. Confidence is my greatest strength, but it's also my greatest weakness.

I grab my crutches and walk around the neighborhood secretly. I was having a hard time staying still at home. I just had to go out, I can't just do nothing...

There was a little food stand at the end of the street, I want food... So I stop by.

"Hello! Ms.Kim! Could I have my favorite noodles!?!"
I say

Ms.Kim gasps

"Eunbin! I saw what happened on TV?! I was so worried! Your face? It's all bruised and your foot?! Please tell me your ok?!"

"Luckily, I'm ok. It was just a sprain. It should take me about 3 weeks to fully recover! Im just hungry right now."

"Of course! I'll make you something! Go sit down and I'll bring you the food in a bit! You shouldn't be walking around right now"

"I know, but you know how I am... I'm really impatient."

She just smiled.

"Go sit down, the food will be there."

I just nod my head and sit down.

A little puppy came up to me.

It looked like the puppy from before... Sunghoon's cousins puppy. I believe the puppy's name was Byeol. It means star. How pretty

"Hello Byeol, are you lost again? You need to stop running away from your owners."

I hear someone run up to me.

It was sung hoon

"What are you doing here?!"
He said angrily

"I'm here to enjoy my food, now take your puppy."

He rolls his eyes and sits down next to me.

"You should be resting right now."
He said seriously

Seriously what is he so mad for?

"You know I can't stay still. I have to be out."

"Seriously, your foot won't heal properly like this, you'll have problems with your ankles in the future even if your fully healed."

Maybe he's right...

"Fine, I'll go back... But let me eat first."

Sunghoon smiles.

"Alright..."

He's not being so annoying lately. Like he's actually being pretty genuine.

Ms.Kim brings me my food.

Sunghoon just sits there... Is he going to leave or?...

Wait. I have a question.

"Sunghoon, why did you look so bored when they gave you your medal? Are you just so bored of winning every time?"

"I wasn't bored... I was worried... Like genuinely worried."

"For what? You won first place?"

"I was worried about you. You never just fall and stay on the floor. I know I bother you a lot, but it genuinely scared me. When I saw your nose bleeding I was so scared. I will say, the triple axel looked beautiful, you just didn't land it. But it's ok."

I don't know why that made me so happy
I could tell he really meant it.

Now that I think back on competition day. He was the first person to come to me, I don't even think he was allowed to.

He was the first one to help me...