Next Step

It's been about 3 Months since I last left Home.
I'll be living here for probably a year.
Which isn't exactly a bad thing, but I am getting a little homesick.

I went outside to go on a walk. I already know the area a bit more. I see a young teenage boy walk up to me.

"Hey! You're team Korea right?! You're the new olympic qualifier right?!"
He said

I was a little startled but I was happy he asked

"Yes that's me!"
I smiled

"I want to be in the olympics for swimming one day. I'm really into the olympics so when I saw that you're a new qualifier I was looking forward to see you!"
He smiled

"Ah! Thank you ! I'll make sure to do my very best! Let's cheer each other on!"
I said

We both shook hands and he excitedly walked again. That felt really good.

I get a call from My Mom

"Mom! How are you?"
I asked
"I'm great! I wanted to check up on you.. to see how you're doing. Have you been eating well?"
She asked
"I've been eating well , don't worry about me. But, How are you? What have you been up to lately?"
I asked her

"Oh nothing much. Ive been doing a lot of hobbies. Actually Sunghoon has been spoiling me a lot these days. He's here right now– HEY SUNGHOON ! EUNBIN IS ON THE PHONE! COME TALK TO HER –"
She shouted from behind the phone

I panicked

"No mom, he doesn't have to-"
I said
"Eunbin?"
Sunghoon said from behind the phone.

I quickly ended the call... I've been doing my best to get over him and this is making it worse.

Why is he always with my mom? Isn't it late over there? She's probably making him cook again...

I felt bad because my mom got attached to Sunghoon. She was really sad when we broke up. But... I have to let go and move on and she should too.

I got a text from Sunghoon

"You know we can still be friends right..."
He texted.

I tear rolled down my face. Yeah we can still be friends. But I don't see you as just a friend. If I'm going to be in any sort of relationship with him I would date him, not be friends.

————

FLASHBACK 4 MONTHS AGO

"Eunbin... you HAVE to go to the States"
Sunghoon said

I cried

"But, I don't want to leave... and i know you don't want me to leave either"
I said

"Eunbin. You are going to accept that offer right now. The deadline is today please don't be stupid"

"I just can't ... you're here."
I cried

"Then let's break up."
He said