Chapter 44: Revival

Start from the beginning

"How can you be alive? I thought you died! Kakashi told me you died!" He cried out in disbelief, seeing one of his precious people back from his past suddenly back. "I don't, I-" 

"I survived, little brother. But as I watched Rin die with my own eyes, I knew this world was nothing but suffering. I knew this world was counterfeit because Rin couldn't die! This world is but an illusion and I seek to create a new world! A world where Rin is alive! You can experience that world too, this world is a perfect reality! There is no hardship, no more struggles, no more pain! Only peace and prosperity!" 

Naruto looked at Obito weirdly before a small humorless smile appeared on his face, his Sharingan coming to life. "Tell me more about this world." 

Kakashi was having a horrible day. First off, he was in the hospital because the man who claimed to have killed his younger brother almost killed him too. He looked out of the window, his one visible eyes filled with sadness. 

How could Naruto do this? Had Sakura's death really driven his younger brother to throw away everything and become insane? His hands turned into fists as he suddenly felt angry. How could he have been so blind? 

Naruto had displayed signs of losing it for a long time, but just like everyone else he had ignored it and waved it off, saying that Naruto was loyal to the village and that he had more restraint than that. 

He should've insisted that Naruto live with him after Minato and Kushina died, perhaps then things would be different. A sigh escaped his throat as well as a wince in pain. Then, a swirl appeared in his room before a man with an orange mask with one eye-hole and a black cloak littered with red clouds was suddenly at the end of his bed. 

". . ." Unable to speak, Kakashi felt fear creep into his heart as he met a single Sharingan eye glowing from the eye-hole of the mask. 

"Greetings, Kakashi Hatake. I'll be taking your Sharingan if you don't mind." Obito spoke before moving Kakashi's headband and digging into his skull and removing his old eye from his old teammate's eye socket, ignoring the pained grunt Kakashi gave out.

"Believe it or not, this will bring peace to the world. I thank you for your contribution, Kakashi." With that, the figure disappeared in a swirl.

"You've acquired the Nine-Tails?" Nagato asked through Yahiko's corpse as he looked at Obito, who's mask was on. Obito nodded. 

"We must begin the sealing technique immediately. Then I will bring his body over to you and you will use Rinne-Rebirth on him and bring him back to life." Nagato rose an eyebrow. 

"That will severely strain my body and I will be unable to move within the Akatsuki for several days, maybe weeks." Obito waved off Nagato's concerns. 

"After he is revived I will take care of him for a few days till he is back to perfect health and then he will become apart of the Akatsuki." Nagato's eyes widened. 

"You mean he's giving himself up willingly?" Obito nodded. "Then he'll be a powerful asset." 

"That he will. Then we will capture the Eight-Tails and begin the process and bring peace to this world." Nagato nodded.

"Very well. Let's begin the process."

"Think about what you're doing!" Kurama roared at Naruto, who was standing in front of the beast inside his mindscape. "You can't give me over to those bastards! There's nothing but more pain and suffering on the trail ahead! You can't listen to that man whose promises are nothing but honey-filled lies!"