Chapter 34: Demon

"And she's fine? You didn't peek on her did you?" Naruto said with a bit of an edge in his voice, his arms crossed as he sat in the stands next to Jiraiya of the Three Sannin. Jiraiya laughed at the blonde.

"I'm a perv, not a pedo. Geez give me some more credit will ya? She's pretty strong for a girl her age, I bet she'll rival Tsunade when she peaks or even surpasses." Naruto nodded. 

"What did you teach her exactly? Toads?" Jiraiya nodded. "That's good. A summoning will do her good." Jiraiya shrugged.

"Depends if she builds her chakra reserves up or not. Using almost all of her reserves, she summoned Gamabunta's son, Gamakichi. He didn't like her at first but warmed up to the girl after she offered him a riceball." Naruto let the smile on his face grow. 

"That's good. Anything else?" Jiraiya shook his head.

"Nothing too important. I taught her an earth jutsu that'll help deal with her opponent, but other than that nothing. You've done a great job training that one," Jiraiya said with a hint of pride. "Almost reminds me of how well I trained you." Naruto snorted.

"You literally dumped a bunch of scrolls on me every month or so, I just practiced them and taught myself." Jiraiya rolled his eyes, though there was an easy grin on his face. 

"Bah, you're just mad because it worked." 

"So, what are the matchups again? Your brat told me but I forgot." Naruto closed his eyes, trying to remember. 

"It's: 

Sai vs. Neji Hyuga

Sakura Haruno vs. Dosu

Shikamaru Nara vs. Temari

Shino Aburame vs. Kankuro

and Sasuke vs. Gaara." Naruto finished. "All my kids are going to win." Jiraiya rose an eyebrow.

"What about the Uchiha? He's going against the Sand's Jinchuuriki. Last I heard he was a bit crazy in the head," Naruto shook his head.

"Perhaps once, but that is of the past. He's changed, or rather, I helped him. I don't think he'll be a problem." Jiraiya suddenly got serious, his voice dropping to a low whisper that only Naruto could hear. 

"Will he participate in the invasion?" Naruto frowned. 

"No." He said, at least trying to convince himself. 

"You don't sound too confident," Jiraiya noted. "Are you willing to take such a risk? I know you hold some kinship that I don't understand, but. . ." 

"I know my duties as a shinobi of the Hidden Leaf if that's what you're trying to remind me of," Naruto said, interrupting the Sannin. "But I refuse to kill him. We Jinchuuriki are a rare breed, there's only nine of us." 

"And he's the first one you met?" Naruto nodded.

"Knowingly at least." 

"Hm." 

The conversation ended there as the fights began. 

Sai and Neji were up first, the two Genin first began slow, with Neji speaking of fate and Sai not speaking much at all, just insulting the prodigy. Then, the two really began fighting with Sai trying his best to evade the Hyuga's Gentle Fist, but he had gotten hit two times already. 

As the match dragged on, Sai was able to send out two large beasts made of ink towards the Hyuga, who then surprised everyone by using his Rotation, a technique only believed to be used by the Main Branch of the Hyuga Clan.