12 ↝ Epitome Of Attraction

Start from the beginning

Something in my gut tells me to go to it, and I do.

I push open the door fully and see Alex on her knees, shaking uncontrollably.

"Alex," I say, rushing over to her and wrapping my arms around her without thinking twice, concern blooming in my body.

She's sobbing, her small body trembling, and her eyes squeezed shut. Seeing her like this makes my heart squeeze, fear creeping up my spine because I think I know exactly what's happening to her.

"Hey, it's okay. I got you." I whisper softly, tightening my arms around her, and she turns in my arms, burying her face in my shirt, still sobbing.

I rock her back and forth, rubbing her back gently. "You're safe. I got you, no one's going to hurt you."

After a few more moments of me holding her and soothing her, her sobs fade down. She's still trembling, her face buried in the crook of my neck. Despite the current situation, I can't help relishing in her soft, lemony scent. The way her small frame fits perfectly in my arms, the way her head settled in the crook of my neck comfortably.

I like it.

She finally looks up at me, her eyes watery. She has little to no make up on, so there isn't much to be ruined. Her hair is ruffled from being pressed against my chest, and her tiny nose tinted pink from crying. The broken look in her eyes sends a weird feeling through my body.

It's the same look I see every time I look in the mirror.

"Hunter." She whispers, her voice barely audible.

I love the way my name rolls off her tongue, her accent making it sound ten times better than it actually is.

"I'm here. Are you okay? Can I lift you onto the bed?"

She shakes her head vigorously, a panicked look coming over her eyes, and I frown.

"B-bathroom." She mumbles.

"Okay." I reply, slowly trying to help her on to her feet. But her knees buckle, and she almost falls to the floor before I catch her on time, picking her up bridal style.

I ignore the swarming feeling in my stomach as I look down at her, her forehead resting on my chest. Her luscious hair is spread out on my arm, and her scent becomes more prominent around me. I walk over to a door in the corner of the room, hoping it's a bathroom. Switching the light on, I discover that it is.

Slowly setting her down on the floor, I keep my hold on her as she balances herself. She manages to stand a little this time, with the help of the wall to support her.

"I'll be here." I inform her, and she looks at me with those cat-like forest green eyes, nodding.

She steps inside and closes the door, and I lean against the wall outside it, running a hand through my hair.

Questions are flashing in my mind, mainly about what had caused her to have an attack like this, and why. And why the hell am I feeling all this weird shit with her? Why I feel responsible, why I feel the intense need to help her and protect her.

Because you see yourself in her.

My thoughts are interrupted when Alex steps out. Her face is damp and completely bare now, her makeup washed off, but her lips are still tinted red from the lipstick, and the sight of them sends a chill down my spine.

She's still as beautiful as ever.

She looks a lot calmer, and I admire her strength. It takes alot to control yourself after a panic attack.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my eyes searching her face. But other than her eyes being slightly red and puffy, she looks fine.

"Better." She manages a soft smile, her luscious lips curving upwards. "Thank you."

"Do you want to go home?" I ask, and I'm surprised when she shakes her head.

"No. I want to go downstairs." She replies, I nod, staying close to her as we both walk out of the room and down the stairs side by side.

Once we reach the bottom of the staircase, I hear Nessa's voice call Alex's name. We both turn around to see Nessa waving at us from the kitchen.

I'm about to turn and leave, knowing she'd be okay with Nessa, but her small hand grips my bicep, stopping me. Her touch sends an involuntary shiver through my body, her fingers warm and soft against my skin.

"Stay with me, please?" She says, her voice so low, I almost miss what she said.

Alex looks up at me through her lashes, green eyes pleading.

From up here, with her standing directly under my nose, I can see the rise and fall of her chest as she breathes, the tube top she's wearing hugging her chest snugly, showing off the curves of her breasts that are perfect and flawless, right there in front of my eyes. The exposed skin on her chest looks smooth and incredibly soft, and I have the killer urge to caress her skin, to feel the warmth of her body.

I swallow, and focus my eyes on hers, my mind whirring with a million thoughts at once.

I can't say no to her. As much as I want to run away from her, the things I'm feeling when I am around her, I can't.

Standing there looking at me with those sexy eyes, in that amazing outfit, she's the epitome of attraction. She has the attention of almost every boy that passes by us, their eyes raking down her body, eyes widening ever so slightly at a glimpse of her perfect self. Girls, too, gave her lingering glances, some admiring, some envious.

Alex is beautiful, and she doesn't know it. She holds herself with innocence, with an aura of gentleness and tenderness. She keeps to herself, and she's clearly not used to attention, I've seen the way she flushes and shies away when someone looks at her for a second too long. I can't figure out if it's because she hasn't gotten male attention before — which I highly doubt, considering how beautiful she is — or if it's because of something else.

Either way, it fascinates me. Growing up, I'd mostly encountered girls who tried their best to gather attention, bending over backwards just for a guy to glance in their direction.

But her? She's unaware of how much attention she gains from people, let it be because of her piercing green eyes, wavy chocolate hair, or her perfectly formed body. Everything about her is irresistible, pulling me in more and more everyday, and I don't have the means to pull back. I can't resist the strong pull I feel towards her.

I've just succumbed to her, and I don't think I really mind, as much as it scares the shit out of me.

Taking a deep breath, I look down into those breathtaking eyes of hers.

"Okay. I'll stay."