31 ↝ Breakfast Club

"And I will hold,
I'll hold onto you,
No matter what this world'll throw,
It won't shake me loose."
Don't Give Up On Me - Andy Grammer.

When I wake up, the bed next to me is empty.

I sit up slowly on my bed, exhaling heavily through my nose, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. My vision clears, and I squint around the room, almost squealing in surprise at the figure sleeping on Nessa's bed. My heartbeat calms down when I realise it's Hunter. He's sleeping on his stomach, his arms tucked under the pillow his head is on, hugging it. His jacket and shoes lay on the floor, and he's just in his plain blue t-shirt and jeans.

Deciding to leave him be, since we stayed up past 1am last night watching Supernatural, I head to the bathroom to clean up. I find a new toothbrush and keep it out for him when he wakes up. When I step out of the bathroom, Hunter is sitting on the bed, running a hand through his tousled bed hair.

He looks up as I walk in, tilting his head a little. "Good morning."

I smile. "Good morning. You can clean up, I left a toothbrush for you." I jab my thumb in the direction of the bathroom and he nods, getting to his feet.

As he disappears into the bathroom, I head to the kitchenette. After rummaging around the fridge and cupboards, I realise we have nothing for breakfast. I should go get groceries today. Deciding that I'll just grab a light breakfast from the café, I walk over to my closet to pick out clothes for the day.

I'm not in a mood to dress up, so I decide on a pair of black high waisted leggings, and a white cropped long sleeved sweater along with ankle length Uggs. Adding on a cream coloured windbreaker for extra warmth, I gather all the clothes in my arms, waiting for Hunter. He appears shortly after, freshened up.

"Do you have any classes today?" He asks as I get to my feet and brush past him to the bathroom.

"Nope," I reply, lingering by the threshold.

"Do you..." He pauses, studying me for a moment. "... want to grab breakfast?"

I blink, taken back. Smiling, I nod. "I'd love to."

I catch his small smile right before I close the door to change. Twenty minutes later, the two of us are heading out of the dorm building, walking side by side. I suggested just grabbing something from the campus café, but he insisted on going somewhere else.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask, thrusting my hands into the pockets of my windbreaker. We're walking towards the campus entrance, approaching the tall magnificent gates that led out into the city.

"This diner that's right down the street. It's a NRU favourite." Hunter explains, and I look at him. The morning breeze ruffles his inky black hair, the cold tinging his cheeks pink adorably. The black of his hair and clothes contrasts sharply against the snow covered city, his grey eyes shining against the white around him. He's breathtaking.

"Done staring?"

His voice snaps me out of my mesmerise, and I look away hastily, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Sorry."

I hear his soft chuckle, and I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment. We're now on the street, taking a turn to the left. The city is bustling and hectic, and gorgeous as always in the snow. Moving to New York is something I don't regret one bit. It's beautiful here, and it sort of reminds me of London.

We walk for a few more minutes until Hunter comes to a halt in front of a diner. The exterior is designed in a rustic, 90's vibe, with a neon sign that reads 'EMPIRE DINER'