𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐 | 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒚, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔 |

IMIRA 

IMIRA 

The day after the tourney I had a lot of things to do, meaning I was lucky enough to have a good reason to avoid a certain Calormen Prince. With all the negotiations and battle preparations before the war, my absence would be understandable if not expected. Besides, I was feeling a little indisposed, so it was the perfect opportunity to stay in and avoid crowds.

I spend all morning coming and going between rooms. Meetings I need to attend, letters that I need to write, a few unofficial notices and summons to write and deliver, a stock revision I need to order, a detailed inventory of the armoury that I have to requisition, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I am just glad Peter's taking care of the twins today.

It is not until after until lunch that I get a moment to myself, and even then, I receive a visitor.

"Henry, twice in the same day," I stand up to greet my friend, who bows upon entering. "I did not expect to see you again until the ball,"

"I see Your Majesty is still avoiding Prince Rabadash," he replies with a small smirk.

"Am I being terribly obvious?" I ask, not very concerned if I am.

"Just a tad," he lets out a small laugh.

"Can you blame me?"

"Not really,"

"Please, take a seat," I gesture towards one of the empty chairs in my small round lunch table. "Are you hungry?"

"I've just eaten, thanks,"

"So, what brings you back here?" I ask.

"I received the notice," He produces the letter I wrote to him this morning from his coat and places it on the table. "And the summon," he takes it out as well and puts it next to the first.

"That's efficient," I wrote them both less than six hours ago. "I do hope you're not here in an attempt to evade your duties," I joke.

He scoffs, slightly offended. "I've just given the order to arm my men to join you and the King North,"

"You're fast," I nod approvingly. "But I suspect you did not just stop by to inform me of your efficiency,"

"I did not," he shifts on his seat.

"So, what is it?" I ask. "A personal matter or one of state?"

"Personal," he says and places the letters back on his pocket.

"Very well," He hasn't bothered me with a personal matter in years. "So what is it that bothers you this very fine day?"

"It is bothering my wife mostly," he admits. Ah, so he's here on her behalf.

"If she is worried about you going north, I am afraid there isn't much I can do to help," I say, guessing that is the reason she has sent him here.