𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏 | 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓 |

The birds chirped, the wind rustled the leaves and Imira sat on a soft orange cushion around the circular wooden table had been set up outside for breakfast

The birds chirped, the wind rustled the leaves and Imira sat on a soft orange cushion around the circular wooden table had been set up outside for breakfast. All sorts of delicious things were set up on that table, from fresh fruit to tasty marmalade, roasted vegetables and freshly baked bread.

She was eating alone, for her friends had risen earlier and eaten long ago, but she was still counting on one person showing up and joining her.

Halfway through her meal, he finally showed up. Looking as fresh as a lettuce and carefree as the wind, Imira saw him walking about, slightly disoriented.

"Morning," she greeted him with a flash of white teeth as he looked around as if he had lost something. When he noticed her, he gave her a nod and reciprocated the smile.

"You beat me," he observed, for Imira was usually the last person to awaken.

"Unusual, I know," she smiled, proud of herself, and picked up her cup.

"So, got any news?" she asked as he examined at what was for breakfast.

Henry yawned, sat down on one of the cushions, one leg extended, the other bent, and then replied. "I just got up, the only news I've got is that I miss my bed,"

Imira almost laughed.

"Well, I've got news," she said rather smugly.

Henry raised his brows at her. "Oh, really?" 

He ripped a loaf of bread in half, wondering what news she could possibly have. After all, he was always the one giving her news.

"Get this," she leaned forward unable to hold back her excitement, "apparently our next group of Ettins have heard of our victories,"

Of course they have, you let them escape, Henry thought, holding back the I-told-you-so he wanted to say. But if Imira was in a good mood, surely it wasn't bad news. He waited for her to finish before casting any judgement.

"and, according to the trees, there is talk about surrender,"

Henry was glad he'd held back his remark. "You're joking," he laughed, a handsome grin spreading across his cheeks.

Imira shook her head once, barely holding back her glee.

"It appears the ones we allowed to escape shared their ordeal and have them worried enough to consider leaving,"

"Why, this is great!" Henry laughed.

"It's just a rumour," she reminded him and herself, "but, odds are, we've already won," she laughed a bit in the end.

"Brilliant," Henry smiled spreading marmalade on his scone. "Brilliant," he pointed at her before taking a bite. "Hmm," he wiped a crumb from the corner of his mouth, "I say you should make the offer today. Seize the opportunity while they're still nervous. They're only a couple hours away, aren't they? I'll go with you, we'll have their surrender before sunset,"