𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏 |

Peter was sitting outdoors, leaning back on his chair, enjoying the afternoon breeze, thinking, planning, when the bustle finally caught his attention

He frowned.

What now, Peter thought as he made his way to the western flank of his camp, hand resting on the pommel of his sword.

But the seriousness in his eyes disappeared and was replaced by a discrete smile when he saw what the commotion was all about.

Her hair was messy, there was sweat on her forehead, she was tired, flushed, and feeling gross, but Peter thought she never looked more beautiful.

She dismounted gracefully and patted Saphire's neck.

Lod Herny saw him first. He nodded to Peter and the High King nodded back.

Imira noticed and turned around. A smile graced her lips and he met her halfway with a kiss, both ignoring the cheers and jests around them. 

He backed down. "Come, it's been five days. There is much to be discussed," 

Imira nodded and followed. "You were very brief in your letters,"

"I was occupied," Peter replied.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "We defeated both of them," she informed him as they walked away from the crowd, guards flanking them. "I must admit, you were right in insisting on parlay. The first didn't heed me, but the second group surrendered,"

"That's good. Spared our soldiers a battle," Peter entered his tent, Imira behind him.

"I must say, speaking to them was unnerving. I thought they'd kill me,"

Peter chuckled. "I thought you'd ignore me and just attack,"

"I'm not an impetuous eighteen-year-old anymore,"

"No, you're not eighteen anymore,"

She feigned offence and they laughed.

"Can we continue this over some dinner?"

"Yes, of course. You must be hungry,"

"More thirsty than anything. This summer heat is quite something," 

It was twilight, torches across camp were being lit, and Peter and Imira were dining outdoors, talking about what had happened during the five days they were apart.

"So, you didn't endanger yourself recklessly. I am quite pleased." Peter joked.

Imira scoffed. 

"How about you? Did you endanger yourself recklessly?" she asked, picking up her goblet.

"Not recklessly,"