𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 | 𝑮𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 |

Making conversation with Prince Rabadash makes me long for the company of my dull western cousins, and I begin to wonder if they are as boring as I remember them to be

Making conversation with Prince Rabadash makes me long for the company of my dull western cousins, and I begin to wonder if they are as boring as I remember them to be. But alas, seeing as he is our guest and the winner of today's jousting, there is no possibility of escape. If only Lord Peridan had won... now he is nice to talk to. 

I glance to my left where he sits on the other side of the table, making conversation with Lucy and Mr Tumnus. They seem to be having fun, laughing and smiling. But then again, Lucy always seems to be having fun.

Music starts playing and couples begin dancing. I spot Becc Stowes dancing with Nick's youngest sister, whose name I cannot recall. They used to hate each other when they were children, funny how things turn out.

"Would you grant me the honour of having this dance?" Rabadash asks Susan with a splendid reverence. Ugh. Two more days and he shall be gone. Can't wait.

"I'd be delighted to," Susan replies and takes his hand.

Edmund moves closer.

"Mother, can we go play?" my eldest asks, Edward backing him up. Their resemblance to Peter and me amazes me every day.

"Of course, darlings. Go ahead," I smile at them and they run off to cause trouble elsewhere.

"So, what do you think, Imira? Will she say yes to him?" Edmund asks once the twins have gone.

"Oh, Aslan knows what she'll say, Edmund," I turn to face him. "When Lucy and I asked her earlier as we were getting ready, she kept going back and forth on whether she likes him or not. She thinks him handsome and brave, but beyond that, she was not very conclusive,"

"I wish she'd spare us all of this suspense and make up her mind already," Edmund says. "If it is a no what she'll give him, she might as well get it over with,"

"Perhaps she does not want to make things awkward for the remainder of his stay if she says no," I propose. "It is the only thing I can come up with that would explain her lack of an answer,"

"Or perhaps she is simply not sure," Peter counters. "You two shouldn't pressure her, she is not as decisive as you are on such matters," he turns to look at me, "And you very well know what happens when you pressure a woman to provide with an answer," he turns to Edmund, who upon hearing this turns to stare east, no doubt thinking about the one who got away. 

A servant approaches and we all turn towards him.

"The parliament has gathered, your Majesty," the satyr says, looking at Peter.

Ah, yes, the parliament. Tonight Edmund and Peter are to gather with them to get the latest reports and discuss the war.

"Excellent," Peter stands up and the satyr leaves. "Edmund?"

"Let's go," he stands up as well and I copy him. "Mmh, Imira. Make sure Rabadash keeps a healthy distance, will you?"

"I will," I glance at their direction.