"We miss you!" He yells again.

"Jay, yell in my ear one more damn time and see what happens." I can't help but laugh, I missed their fighting. "But we do miss you baby, we can't wait to see you."

"I miss you guys too, it's been way to long."

"It has, alright well I'll let you go I just wanted to check in before we got to the airport. We love you and we'll see you soon."

"Alright, I love you too. Bye now."

_________________________________

"Cheers to New Orleans and all of the chaos that may come with it." Lily says holding her glass up to all of ours. We all say our respective cheers and take a sip from our glasses.

It was a girls night out and so far we were off to a great start. Lily's car almost got towed, I ripped my pants the second I got out of the car, Sarah spilled half a glass of champagne on her pants and Emma broke her heel on the curb.

But now, we had just ordered our food and were already almost through a bottle of champagne.

It was good, life was good.

My left ass cheek was freezing but it was still good.

We chatted about the show and this thing called Paleyfest that was a pretty big deal (i've never heard of it) but everyone seemed pretty excited about it.

"And Scout will most definitely win over everyones hearts." Sarah says shaking my shoulder with a smile.

"I don't know man, hopefully." I say with a shrug taking another sip from my glass.

"You will darling, don't even question it." Jessica says raising a glass to me with a wink.

"Scout, you somehow managed to make this group of snotty bitches literally adore you in less than three months, you'll be fine." Emma says earning a laugh from the table.

"You really are a magical little human." Sarah says with a bright smile, I squint my eyes and shake my head.

"You guys are not helping my ego, right now."

"We're just really happy you're apart of our family now, Scout." Lily says with a small smile. "You're the coolest."

Sarah's hand found mine under the table throughout the night, we would interlock pinkies or squeeze eachothers knee. It was sweet, and pure.

For a moment I almost forgot.

_________________________________

Authors Note:

These are Scouts parents by the way, I probably should've shown/mentioned them sooner.

Oops❤️

Jay Monroe[ New York Times Bestselling Author & Journalist ]• the father •

Jay Monroe
[ New York Times Bestselling Author & Journalist ]
• the father •

Jay Monroe[ New York Times Bestselling Author & Journalist ]• the father •

Tania Monroe
[ Enviornmental Activist & Author ]
the mother