episode nine 🎤 part two

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been awhile and Flynn, Julie, and I have been stalling as much as we can to give the band some time. We hear a knock on the door and we have a worried look on our face.

"Hey girls! It's time." Rob calls.

"Just a second!" I call.

"Something's wrong. The guys were getting those jolts pretty bad as we were leaving. And they wouldn't stand me up again. They must have run out of time." I say feeling the tears.

"I'm so sorry Nessa." Flynn says.

"They didn't cross over. They're gone." I say.

"and we didn't even get to say goodbye." Julie adds.

Flynn comes over and hugs us both as we sniffle the tears.

"Hey girls! You're on!" Rob yells again.

I pull away and run out past rob.

"Wait!" Flynn calls.

"What are you doing! Nessa!" Julie yells.

I run out of the building to a back alleyway. I sob as I let the wind blow against me. I take a chance and try to talk.

"Mom, dad, I don't know where you are or if you are even alive, but...this is a lot. It's too much for me. Flynn says that these are signs or something, but look at how it turned out. Is this really how it's supposed to go? If it was really you guys then I know I was supposed to help them. But I didn't. And now they're gone. I'm so so sorry. They were our friends. Our band. Our family. Why can't you just come to me? Hug me and whisper to me that I'll get through it. Tell me that they are up there with you. Watching over me. I just wish you were here." I say looking down and crying.

I don't look up until I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see a woman holding out a lavender for me. She rubs my shoulder before walking away. I hug the flower to my chest as I just stand there a bit longer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I march in towards the stage and hold out the flower.

"Signs." I say.

"You ok?" Flynn asks.

I nod and go to walk on the stage, but Julie pulls me back.

"Take this one. You deserve it." Julie says.

"Really?" I ask.

She nods before grabbing my hand and marching towards the stage.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum. Now give it up for Julie and The Phantoms." The announcer calls. Everyone cheers and Julie takes her place from and center. I take mine with the piano. Julie gives me a nod telling me I can do it. I spot my parents smiling at me as I place the lavender in the corner of the piano. My parents faces go blank knowing where it came from. I let out a shaky breath before speaking.